Arducopter 4, Cube Black, Range Finder issues

Arducopter 4 RC1, Mission Planner 1.3.7236.10299. I’ve wired up my SF11/c to the cube black and can get it working using I2C on the gps2 port. I set RNGFND_TYPE1 to 7 and address 102. That seems to be the only way it works. If I move the settings to any other Range Finder, I’ve tried 2, 3, and 4, I continue to get readings in Mission Planners Status window under sonar. Range Finder 1 is always listed as the only one active and Mission Planner reports range finder x is not found.

I’ve tried using serial 4 on the gps2 port but couldn’t get any readings after double checking the settings on both the sf11/c and the cube’s serial4.

I’m trying to get both the hereflow on can2 and the sf11/c working at the same time.
My question is.why doesn’t this work with other range finder ports. Am I missing some setting somewhere?

Thanks for testing and sorry for the slow reply.

If it’s an I2C lidar (which it sounds like it is) then it needs to be connected to the I2C pins on one of the ports which are listed here for the CubeBlack. There aren’t any I2C pins on serial4 but other valids options seem to be GPS1, GPS2 and I2C2. My guess is that the I2C pins on GPS2 are the same as the I2C2 pins.

If there’s only one range finder connected then the RNGFND1_xxx parameters are the ones to set. There’s no good reason to set the RNGFND2_xxx, RNGFND3_xxx, etc parameters I think.

Because the HereFlow is on CAN and the sf11c is on I2C it should definitely be possible to get them both working. The HereFlow does have a range finder on it but I don’t think there’s any good reason to try and use it because the vehicle has an sf11c which is so much better.