Arducopter 3.1.5 log files with spikes (extreme values)

Hi everyone I would like your assistance since I am trying to find out what is going on with my apm but I have no clue. Although I have read a lot of stuff before posting.
I am flying a quad which seems pretty stable in stabilize mode but when I study the log file and more specific the IMU data I observe strange spikes with extreme values. The same spikes appear in other areas such as CTUN/baralt.
I am attaching a log file of my last flight for anyone who is interested.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

So, i’m not the only one with IMU spikes (viewtopic.php?f=91&t=9033). What APM board are you using (version, 3DR or clone)?

I saw in the “power issues” analysis (CURR/vcc) that you power supply seems very unstable and is below 5V most of the time. How do you power your APM board?

Best Regards,
Claus

For a moment I thought also that I am the only one with this issue.
My APM board is a clone actually and I am powering it using an external power module (also a clone)

I have notice my VCC fluctuation and in order to find what’s going on I powered the board from the board disconnecting the ESC but nothing changes

Thank you for your answer.

Best Regards,

Petros

Oops I am sorry I haven’t mentioned that my version is APM 2.6

Can your power module be configured to deliver more than 5V? There is a voltage drop caused by a Zener diode between output rail/pm connector an the rest of the board, maybe that’s why the voltage is so low. (copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … 2526_Board). Itf your power module/BEC can only deliver 5V, it should be connected to the input side of the APM.

Best Regards,
Claus

After your reply I powered my APM using a BEC from the input side and the VCC is MUCH better.

Also I noticed that the spikes in the log files are vanished, maybe related to my power problem ?

I am attaching a log file with my 1st flight with the new power method.

Best Regards,
Petros

Well I was too optimistic actually I enabled the IMU logs in order to check for vibrations and voila spikes are back.

I attach the log file of my last flight for anyone interested, actually the flight was quite stable (checking stabilize mode and simple mode on/off).

Petros Dounavis

[quote=“Pdounavis”]Well I was too optimistic actually I enabled the IMU logs in order to check for vibrations and voila spikes are back.

I attach the log file of my last flight for anyone interested, actually the flight was quite stable (checking stabilize mode and simple mode on/off).

Petros Dounavis[/quote]

The logs you are posting are corrupted. How are you downloading logs?