Arducopter 3.1.2-no crash, inverse complaining starts here:

I’ve observed a lot of clueless bitching and loud complaining about bugs, crashing, poor performance and so on, mainly in the log forum.
People blame everything except the job done when they threw some parts together, ignored tutorials, and expect ArduCopter to fly the contraption perfectly.

This video was recorded this evening, near Tromsø with wind around 14m/s, strongest gusts at 21m/s. - temperature was 3°C . It rained.
(so I stand with my back to the wind, - no droplets on camera, The house behind me provides great turbulence for the landing - as it’s hit by wind from seaside.)
(best watched fullscreen, in HD, or else the display gets unreadable and the hexa small.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09NgGU-Knbs[/youtube]

So developers: cheers !.
Complainers: be a bit humble in help requests, and acknowledge the possibility that you may have created the problem.

Awesome inspiration. I want to get mine to fly like that!
Thanks for sharing… and inverse complaining.

Great video!.. although I did think to myself, “he’s bloody crazy - flying in that much wind” :open_mouth:

I have to agree that many people moan and gripe about all sorts of issues… where like you, I am grateful and amazed that I have even been able to get a great quadcopter that does so much, but costs so little…
Def an inspirational post…

Loving your light set up Andre…

What you using, i’d love that on my 550

Although it was a cold windy day in the winter, I finally got to test my hexa in an open space. You’ll have to excuse parts of the video that were unfocused and shaky as my buddy was freezing and managed to flip off the auto-focus feature on the Canon camera. I don’t usually fly with gloves either but my hands were too cold to fly without them.

We tested Stabilize, Alt. Hold, and Loiter modes on the APM 3.1.2. The power system is the RC Timer HP2808-1080Kv motors, 10x5 carbon props, RTF32 ESCs, and two 4s 4AH packs in parallel. The white PVC tube under the batteries is my weight simulator for my GoPro camera and 3-axis gimbal.

Overall, I was very happy with the performance in these adverse conditions and hope that my next test is on a warmer sunny day!

vimeo.com/88542535

FYI - Just testing to see if you can embed a Vimeo video.
[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/88542535[/vimeo]

[quote=“delflies”]Loving your light set up Andre…
What you using, i’d love that on my 550[/quote]

That’s a microcontroller board made by me (for my business) that provides multiple interfaces in and out with mavlink data being passed to and from different payloads , and HoTT, the lights are just a minor extra for status monitoring.

Regards
André

Thanks Andre. I have passed your comments onto the dev team.

Really nice. great to see some positive feedback :slight_smile:

I was flying at Pebble beach last weekend and the wind was outrageous. I was getting 20mph with 25-30 gusts. When equipment on the ground starts to fly away on it’s own you know it’s bad. My Tarot 650 quad with APM flew in Loiter like it was on rails. I was really proud of it.
I flew an IRIS and the pitch limit of 30° was not enough to beat the wind. I had to up it to 50° to keep it from flying away.

Here is a video:
vimeo.com/88596262

Nice post Andre.

Jason, that looked really good. Really stable and no Jello. Was that the Tarot gimbal with a gopro or what? Can you show a photo of the quad? Looks like a good setup.

I started flying a year ago, built my first try with KK board and soon found I needed more. I built a HAL quad with APM and flew great first time out. The latest build is an RCT800 frame with APM and it flies rock solid in every imaginable condition that I dare to fly in. It is going to be used for Real State videography. Here is a test video with the dagon rider gimbal and the GoPro black, motors are Sunnysky 980 II and 1047 CF props. Thanks for starting this thread. And thanks for looking.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05gSjkXxo0[/youtube]

Your flying is indeed impressive, as is the software making the flight possible. But to label posts by inexperienced users of a highly complex piece of equipment to a support forum seeking assistance as “clueless bitching and loud complaining” strikes me as a bit harsh. We were all clueless at one time, and to some extent I still am!

Ok, I do not even disagree with you. If you follow this(and the old) forum for a while, you’ll see that I spend some time helping people out.

So I do not aim at those decent, help seeking posts at all. - not even when when the cause is failure to RTFM.
I do, however, have those in mind - that start out with claiming huge software bugs, call Ardu* a unreliable platform, “threaten” about switching to *** platform (as if we care) and generally just use big words and cocky attitude to tell us how “unsuitable” or dangerous Ardu* is.