Arduboat pixhawk with Relay setup

Dear All,

I would like to connect 2 relay switch module to pixhawk rover firmware 3.1.1 and I would like to use FS-i6S transmitter SWA and SWB to control a relay to on off LED light,

How can I do for this function?

in a below picture it’s my first Arduboat setup.

Regards,

Kai

Phuket Thailand

Assign your two switches to two spare channels, then set the RC pass through two free outputs on the pixhawk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Please can you tell me how to connect the servos with the pixhawk and how to setup my transmitter in mission planner??
Many regards

Thank you so much I will try it

1 Like

Hi - Mookai and all - has anyone had success getting multiple relays to work on latest Pixhawk with latest Rover/Boat ?

• The system is armed, I have multiple servos working fine.
  • I have 2 Taranis switches configured to control relays on RC CH 5 & 6.
  • On Mission Planner/Servo Output page I have CH 5 & 6 configured as “RC Passthru” and the outputs appear to respond correctly when I flip the switches
  • RELAY_PIN = 54, RELAY_PIN2 = 55 which should set pixhawk AUXOUT 5 & 6 to relay pins
  • SERVO13_FUNCTION = 55, SERVO14_FUNCTION = 56, which (I think) should map RC Channels 5 & 6 to Pixhawk AUXOUT 5 & 6
  • Despite configuration above, I can get no voltage out of AUXOUT 5 or 6.

What am I missing ??

Tom

1 Like

sound like you have it mostly right,

current your mapping aux out 5 and 6 to be both relay and servo output. To get just the relay output you will need to set SERVO13_FUNCTION and SERVO14_FUNCTION to 0 for disabled.

Then to allow the aux pins to do something other than pwm out you need to reduce the brd_pwm_count parameter to 4. ie out of a possible 6 4 will be pwm and the last 2 are now free to do relays.

In order to control the realys you need to set the rcx_option, for 5 and 6 it would be rc_5option and rc_6option to functions 34, 35 or 36 for relay 2,3, or 4. See : http://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/parameters.html#rc5-option-rc-input-option

it looks like there is no option for relay one, i guess its reserved for motor direction changing with dc motors, so you may have to adjust your settings to use relay 2 and 3.

1 Like

Thank you Peter,

According to http://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/common-rcoutput-mapping.html, the parameters used to control the output channels has changed from RCx_FUNCTION to SERVOx_FUNCTION in current firmware versions. Using latest Mission Planner connected to latest rover, there is no RCx_FUNCTION, only SERVOx_FUNCTION, and per http://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/parameters.html#servo13-function-servo-output-function there is no way to set a relay function there.

So… do I need to go back to older firmware ? Seems unlikely developers would have removed or broken such commonly used functionality tho.

1 Like

RCx_OPTION is for inputs to the flight controller from the rc receiver.

SERVOx_FUNCTION is for outputs from the flight controller via the servo ports.

You may have to flash a beta or latest (master) release to get RCx_OPTION, if its not in the stable then it is still the old ch7_function and ch8_function. The old parameters should have the same options, there just available on fewer input channels.

Yeah there is not servo output function to a relay because a relay does not take a servo type pwm output, relays are setup using the RELAY_PIN parameters. You will have to disable pwm and reduce the brd_pwm_count for the aux pins in order to disable there servo outputs and allow the relay functions to use the pin instead.

Dear all,

Hi,

I have connected a relay switch module to pixhawk (rover firmware 4.0.0) and I can change it with dedicated buttons of the Joystick, but I would like to switch it with the same buttons I use to arm and disarm the system.

Could you help me configure the parameters to do that?

Thanks

Hi mookai1973,

I have a RoboClaw 2x60A Motor Controller wiring to a Pixhaw to control two trolling motors.
I only have got to work ok with analog signal setup on BasicMicro Motion Studio and also I need to deselect the mixing option. I thought it must be setup as RC signal but it doesn’t work at all.
On the other hand, I have a couple of extrange things…I must to set the MOT_SAFE_DISARM = 0 (0:PWM enabled while disarmed 1:PWM disabled while disarmed) because if I set to “1” the motors run at high speed when disarm the system…
The motors Works ok (tank style) but I need to select PILOT_STEER_TYPE = 0 (0:Default 1:Two Paddles Input 2:Direction reversed when backing up 3:Direction unchanged when backing up) instead of “1” as seems the correct option.
Further, when I switch off and on it seems like the Roboclaw loss the saved setup or something like that because I need to connect (usb connection to PC) and select/deselect the mixing parameter and it Works fine again…I don’t understant what happend…
I have Rover 4.0.0 and the motors are wiring to servo1 and 3 with 73 and 74 servox_function
The idea is to control a boat in Skid Steering mode. the motors are used to turn the boat, aditionally I have a big motor managed by a 3 phases speed frecuency regulator connect to servo2 output setup as 70 (Throttlle) by a PWM converter and it Works fine when I control the system with the Logiteck joystic. No test in auto mode yet.

The main question here is Why Roboclaw doens’t work if I select RC control, that means the motor doesn’t move at all. If I select Analog control, I can control them via telemetry by Pixhawk otuput as I explained above, but it seems the logic option must be “RC control” because the Pixhawk can’t take out analog signal…so I am afraid the “extrange” problems I have are due to selecting “Analog Control”, even if the motors seem to work…

Any ideas??
params_08062020.param (16.8 KB)

Oh Sorry,

It’s long time for I’m back to this forum and now I hope you are done already , I’m back to this forum and I will start some project with rover and boat again.

Kai
Phuket Thailand