Arduboat live depth to gcs map or Reefmaster

yes! i have got it ,from a Handheld-GPS-Manual

make a mistake ,i’ts a gps…i need a Transducer

I think you need the pin6 for depth and pin7 for ground from the transducer. The analog signal has to be translated. That’s why I used the controller. According to the Ardupilot documentation you can build one ( Underwater Sonar (Analog) — Copter documentation)

thank you ,you are a good man ,god will beless you !

The right ports is connect to transducer, but my transducer just have 3 pin as this picture,

I don’t know is there a signal output in the right port of picture, and witch one is ?

There are a variety of transducers. You have probably one with only depth and temperature ability. The port on the helix is a universal port for the humminbird transducer plugs.

i want got depth data ,but which one is the signal output pin ?

maybe this one ??

Yes. This is the tx (transmit)

If you decided to use the controller for depth out, then you should follow this instructions (Echologger ECT400 echosounder — Copter documentation). I did this and it worked

1 Like

thank you ! i’ll have a test

I’m using a Universal converter converted the data ,and it worked ,thank you !

1 Like

how about seahawk ,this software i just buy it .

Is there any trick possibility to get from the log the GPS height together with Lat,Lon and depth without messing around in excel with gps data by time. I’m using the method like @rmackay9 to export the relevant data by filtering depth and export to excel. The reason I’m asking is, I just did a bathymetry in a river and the waterlevel height is not constant.

1 Like

Really nice setup! I am working on something similar. I just bought a Helix 7 G4 with MEGA SI. I’ve been learning how to use it on my SUP before I put it on my autonomous boat.

I’ve been looking for instructions on how to connect a Humminbird to a FC (including the necessary parameters). Humminbird is not in the list of sonars on the Ardurover docs.

Can you, @geofrancis or @rmackay9 please point me to the page that has this information?

I have a humminbird helix 5. I used the com out port with the humminbird com cable. Set on the controller of the sonar to output nmea0183 and build a rs232 to ttl converter like in the documentation to get the depth reading on the FC.