Arduboat issues in acro mode

Hi, running into some issues while setting up a boat with Arduboat. I’m very new to ardupilot in general and first time setting up a boat.

Boat Type - Vectored thrust system. Servo controls a nozzle to direct thrust coming out of a jet pump.

I have gone through the basic set up for Arduboat and it all seems to be ok. Have not done any tuning yet, just purely bench testing of servos and motors.

Issue - In manual mode, everything behaves as expected. Servo moves, motor throttles up fine. Putting the board into Acro mode is when issues happen. At zero throttle, servo behaves normally, turns at a slow rate but expected since it’s untuned. When I put the throttle to full and move the servo, it jerks from neutral to full deflection with a small movement in the stick. In addition to this, as I move the throttle up, the servo actually jerks as though I have moved the servo stick. In the Servo Output page, I can actually see an output on Position 1 (Set to GroundSteering) as I move the throttle (Position 3).

Kinda puzzled as to why this is happening.

Video of the issue.

There are plenty of threads about playing with a vehicle on the bench and expectations of auto modes. Have a read through the docs about each of the modes and what the flight controllers job isin each of the modes. Also understand that position (especially indoors) varies a lot and wont reflect the physical position which is stationary.

Thanks Scott, will read up more. I think I also found the issue. I had the mot_vect_anglemax set up and I guess it was messing with things with it being untuned. I reset it to 0 and it seems to have solved it. I will play around with it once I have tuned the turning rates.