APM:Rover subforums are showing up twice in Rover Forum

Hi Stefan,
The Rover subforums are being displayed twice in the Rover Forum.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

I don’t see anything unusual. Could you describe the problem more precisely?

Hi Stefan,
I am seeing the attached subforum page twice in the APM:Rover Forum. At the bottom of the this subforum page is a 1,2 Next and the second page is identical to the first page.
Regards,
Tom C Developer

Ah, I understand.
The pagination is for the posts which are in the top level of APM:Rover (scroll down to see them). Those are more than 25, so phpBB does a pagination. The list of the forum’s subforums always appears on top of the post list.

Besides, unless the forums are really established, I don’t think, it’s necessary to leave a shadow topic in place when moving a thread to another subforum. This is mainly to prevent breaking links but I don’t believe there are many links to topics yet. If you would delete all the shadow topics, that would solve the pagination problem for now.

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the explanation. Fully understand now. Will delete the phantom post. How do I delete a phantom post without the actual post in the subforum being deleted. I think that I accidently deleted the first post whose shadow post I was trying to delete, so I stopped. Need assistance:-)

Also, I think that you may have noticed that I created some APM:Plane Forum subforums and moved all of the existing posts to the those subforums or other Forum subforums as necessary.

Regards,
Tom C Developer

Yes, I have noticed! You are putting quite some work in here! We should keep trying to motivate the other team members to be more active and more developers to join us here!

To delete a shadow topic, go to the APM:Rover forum. Then scroll down and click on the “Moderator Control Panel” link between the list of subforums and the post list. This will bring you to the forum moderation screen in which behind each shadow post is a link “Delete Shadow Topic”. If you click this, you safely delete only the shadow post but not the moved post itself.

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the correct procedure, much appreciated. Is there anyway to recover the post that I accidently deleted?
Regards,
Tom C

Nope, gone is gone :slight_smile:.

@Stefan,
Bummer. However there was not much response and there are some discussions on the DIY Drones site that I directed the post originator to.
Regards,
Tom C Developer