APM Planner on Mac PPC

Any chance this could be compiled to run on a PPC Mac? I’ve got an iBook G4 that is begging to be my ground station!

I’ve researched a little and it seems QT 4.8.5 can work on a PPC system, but I really don’t know what I’m talking about.

I’m really hoping it’s just a check box to compile a universal app instead of an Intel app, but I’m sure it’s much more involved than that. (Now I’m proving that I really don’t know what I’m talking about… :wink: )

Thanks, and APM Planner 2.0 is looking great! I really appreciate the Mac support.

-Parke

I’m not aware of any specific limitations to building for PPC. But i’m sure some things may come up in the process. Would make an interesting project for somebody.

The last PPC Laptop PowerBook G4 was 2006, so it’s quite an old platform to support. I purchased my first MackBook Pro (Intel) mid 06. That’s now 7 1/2 years ago. It was stop being actively used about a year ago. This also needs a 32Bit build (which can be done, but we dropped it to reduce the package size)

I’m glad the computer still works, sorry for not being able to offer anything more than advice.

Oh, how time flies. Yeah, that iBook is still kicking, but mostly collecting dust. I’d be happy to try to build a PPC version, but I know just enough to know I don’t exactly know how to do it. Any tips/steps on what is needed and the process?

I saw the basic build instructions on GitHub about installing SDL and QT. I assume I also need to download and install xcode? Then would the Terminal process (qmake… etc) be the same? :slight_smile:

see here qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/developing-on-mac.html

You may need to build Qt4.8.x yourself for PPC, i’m not sure you can download a pre-built version any more