APM Planner 2.0.13 safe for 3.2-rc3?

Hi, is the latest version of APM Planner suitable for 3.2-rc3? The new 3.2 rc now uses multiple magnetometers and accelerometers but support for this had to be added to Mission Planner.

Thanks for great work on APM Planner, I use it as my primary GCS now instead of Mission Planner, woohoo :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’re using and enjoying it!

We have not yet implemented multiple magnetometer/accelerometer calibration support. I’ve found information for the multiple magnetometers, do you have links to information about the accelerometers? i’ve put in an issue here to add support for calibrating the compass properly: github.com/diydrones/apm_planner/issues/403

Not sure exactly but it’s part of the rc3 release notes, i assume it’s this:
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … 9e2266f3ca

Do you know if we can use 3.2-rc3 without calibrating the compass/accelerometers in Mission Planner for the time being? Or is it OK using the existing calibration routines in APM Planner?

Well the answer to that question is apparently not :frowning: I upgraded to 3.2-rc3, did the compass and accelerometer calibrations in APM Planner 2.0.13 and got a ‘Compass not calibrated’. I’ve recalibrated both in latest Mission Planner and it’s OK now.

We’ve started implementing that and it should be in soon, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

yes!!! I arrived at the same problem.

apm planner 2.0.13 with audicopter 3.2 rc3 - i calibrated the compass but it still says compass not calibrated. hoping for a fix or a workaround! as i am on a mac and can’t run mission planner.