APM:Plane 3.0.0 released

Sorry Tridge, For some reason I can’t upload the mission file, but I think you can had it via tlog. Thanks

I am planning to have my skywwalker back in the air with a pixhawk now.
One question though on the 2nd GPS thing:
Should we have two very different GPS to have better performance ?
Which ones would you recommend ?
Thx

Removed, point was taken…

[quote=“badzz”]I am planning to have my skywwalker back in the air with a pixhawk now.
Thx[/quote]
Most all Ublox GPS modules will work fine. Most everyone sticks to the reference design anyway. Your biggest issue will be getting cable that fits both ends…

I can’t get the mulitple aileron function to work.

Set RC7_FUNCTION to 18
Tx has control of channel 7 for second aileron, but in none of the modes I can get control of the second aileron ??

servo has power

[quote=“tridge”]
Maybe ask on the MissionPlanner forum?
(I don’t use MissionPlanner myself)
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]

Hi Tridge, If you don’t use MissionPlanner then what do you use?

Simon (still trying to work out the big picture!)

[attachment=0]2014-04-23 06-22-40.tlog[/attachment]Hello Tridge,
Today I tried a Do-Action I had never tried before, Loiter_Unlimited. When I hit “Do_Action” I got a message, “are you sure” I said yes and then I got a message that said something like the command was not executed. BUT the plane turned clockwise and headed 180 in the other direction. I triggered RTL to get it heading Home again. When I reviewed the tlog attached, the error message doesn’t show up.
The Loiter command was given at about 61%. All ended well but I don’t like unexpected behavior with an unknown cause.
Any help appreciated…

The tlog is for analysis only. No permission given to publicly post or re-use either as a file or played back in Mission Planner, etc.

[quote=“Icarus”][quote=“badzz”]I am planning to have my skywwalker back in the air with a pixhawk now.
Thx[/quote]
Most all Ublox GPS modules will work fine. Most everyone sticks to the reference design anyway. Your biggest issue will be getting cable that fits both ends…[/quote]
Hi,
In order to get the best of the EKF between two GPSes, I would think that we need different GPSes, eg : a glitch might not happen at the same time with two different type of antenna . Or … I am missing something and using twice exactly the same GPS is better

[quote=“badzz”][quote=“Icarus”][quote=“badzz”]I am planning to have my skywwalker back in the air with a pixhawk now.
Thx[/quote]
Most all Ublox GPS modules will work fine. Most everyone sticks to the reference design anyway. Your biggest issue will be getting cable that fits both ends…[/quote]
Hi,
In order to get the best of the EKF between two GPSes, I would think that we need different GPSes, eg : a glitch might not happen at the same time with two different type of antenna . Or … I am missing something and using twice exactly the same GPS is better[/quote]

You may be right but I suspect position on the aircraft (RF interference or shadow) will affect the performance much more. There are tests, albeit not entirely scientific, that show Neo and Lea ublox work about the same as far as HDOP and sats. And if you already know one performs better, then the PH will always use it anyway. Your backup will be the slightly less accurate one. Think of it as a diversity VRx switch. You can have identical VRxs and it will still switch between the two. The choice is yours, either way will work. If you like spending $$$ get two LEAs.

In the dual-GPS tests I’ve done I’ve found two identical 3DR uBlox works fine. They tend to have errors at different times.
There may be some advantage in having two different types, but you shouldn’t assume that two of the same type doesn’t help.
Cheers, Tridge

[quote=“tigerman”]Hi Tridge, If you don’t use MissionPlanner then what do you use?
[/quote]
I use MAVProxy (it’s one I wrote myself in python).
MAVProxy is good if you are a python coder and like to be able to extend your GCS easily.
Cheers, Tridge

Is there a special trick to get differential spoilers to work?

Have tried different channels including AUX.

Elevons look good , but function 16,17 doesn’t seem to be working.

[quote=“Icarus”][quote=“badzz”]I am planning to have my skywwalker back in the air with a pixhawk now.
Thx[/quote]

I would be interested to try dual GPS, just found a uBLOX LEA6 that looked bored there in its box.
So to begin - and sorry if I missed the obvious when searching - how do I hook up the second GPS to the Pixhawk?
I did find the parameters setting for this, but not the hardware info… / directions appreciated.

/ Tom

To be honest, I am kind of guessing here but I would try the Serial 4/5 port.

Hi Tridge,
One of the features I was really looking forward to using in the new FW release was the ability to update FW via telemetry radios. Well I tried it today and the process gets timed out every time.
Is there something specific that I need to do that I may be missing?
Thanks

Icarus,
Thanks, that would be an aducated guess.
Though I don´t dare to do any trial and error with this… hate the smell of fried electronics :confused:

[quote=“snurre”]Icarus,
Thanks, that would be an aducated guess.
Though I don´t dare to do any trial and error with this… hate the smell of fried electronics :confused:[/quote]
You can’t make magic smoke if you get the ground and VCC correct. The way I see it, you won’t get CTS and RTS but with VCC, Gnd, Rx, Tx, the rest should work just fine.
I’ll try it sooner or later and post back.

yes, the 2nd GPS goes on the port marked “Serial4/5”. It uses the same sort of cable as the primary GPS.
You also need to set the GPS_TYPE2 parameter to 1, meaning “auto”. The default is not to look for a secondary GPS.
The second GPS shows up in both mavlink and dataflash logs. I haven’t tested to see if MissionPlanner shows the track of the 2nd GPS. Does someone want to test that?
Note that if the 2nd GPS is a combined GPS+MAG, then don’t connect the mag. We currently only support one external compass (plus the one builtin to the board).
Cheers, Tridge

Thank you Tridge and Icarus!

So my X8 project will be dual GPS on its maiden flight, bound to happen within a couple of weeks.
:sunglasses:

Which firmware are you trying to update via radio?
You can’t update the autopilot firmware over a radio. You can update radio firmware over a USB link to your autopilot (so autopilot forwards the serial link to your air radio)
Cheers, Tridge