APM not stabilizing the quad high oscillations

Is there any standard pids for f450 frame with emax motors?

No
You should change it till make your copter flyable then run autotune

1 Like

The default parameters should fly the craft reasonably well. I don’t see the point in continuing w/o adding a GPS module (with an external compass). Also your log bitmask is set to zero that’s why no .bin logs. Complete the build of this craft, enable some logging, fly it and post that log.

1 Like

ok tommorow i will reconfigure everything from start to finish and enable logging and post my .bin files i am very thankful for you Dave!

1 1969-12-31 7-00-00 PM.bin (66.5 KB)

I have the same problem

Here is my log:
It was on the ground with low throttle.
I moved stick left/right for roll, and then same for pitch.
Held copter in hand, and throttle up slowly… it suddenly TAKES OFF on one side.

Enable full logging, take off and hover.
You will not get any useful results ground testing.
Make sure your motor and prop configuration is correct and you have the correct frame set in the firmware.

There is no useful information in that log.

1 Like

@romangpro The issue was solved for me you have to adjust some tuning parameters
please follow these instructions and you will be just fine , there is no problem with your APM just a pid tuning process.
The first priority when tuning an multirotor aircraft is to establish a stable tune, free of oscillations, that can be used to do further tests.

1. Arm the aircraft in STABILIZE

2. Increase the throttle slowly until the aircraft leaves the ground

3. If the aircraft starts to oscillate immediately abort the takeoff and/or land the aircraft

4. Reduce all the following parameters by 50%

5. ATC_RAT_PIT_P

6. ATC_RAT_PIT_I

7. ATC_RAT_PIT_D

8. ATC_RAT_RLL_P

9. ATC_RAT_RLL_I

10. ATC_RAT_RLL_D

This process is repeated until the aircraft can hover without oscillations being detectable visually or audibly.

If the aircraft has very long or flexible landing gear then you may need to leave the ground before ground resonance stops.

Be aware that in this state the aircraft may be very slow to respond to large control inputs and disturbances. The pilot should be extremely careful to put minimal stick inputs into the aircraft to avoid the possibility of a crash.

I will try the tuning thing… but it makes 0 sense.

I built it few months ago. Q330 7inch, Apm 2.8 ac3.2.1
Defaults, was hovering no oscillations. Flew ok for weeks
After several crashes, wobbling that was fixed by reducing Pitch/Roll from 0.15 to 0.109.
Flew ok for weeks.

Now,
Current problem Im 99% sure is hardware.
In stabilize, arm… all motors turn slowly. throttle up slowly to only 20% … its still firmly on ground.
Pitch forward and release. Back motors smoothly spin up and down as it tries to lean.
Roll Left and release. Right motors smoothly spin up and down as it tries to roll.

Roll Right. Left motors start spinning up, then down, then uncontrollably start jerking quad off the ground, even several seconds after throttle is 0%.

When this “problem” happened first time, it flew way off by itself, disregarding throttle and disarm, and after hitting tree, I used shoe to kick it down and hold down, while I tried to unplug battery on 100% spinning motors with 2/3 blades broken.

I tried:

• reflashing 3.2.1defaults.
  • changing p to 0.08 0.2 0.3 0.15
  • all motor esc calibration (like 20x)
  • swapping motors.
  • solder esc signal and gnd to FC. Disconnect camera.
  • double check solder joints on esc

I checked each motor seperately plugged directly to ch3 on different receiver… they follow throttle as expected.

I was convinced it could be vibrations…
But some folks analyed my logs and said its ok.

@romangpro change the controller then :blush: