APM Hexacopter won't take off vertically...help

youtube.com/watch?v=HzDwfGb2xRY

above is my video, APM 2.6, tarot T810 frame, t-motor 4014, 1555 prop.

So the problem is, I was in stablize mode when take off. And I don’t adjust roll,pitch when take off just push throttle, but it seems it took off not vertically every time. it flied to it’s up right direction. why is that happening? (happens in the video above @ 0:50)

my roll pitch P are set to default 0.15 , and i have calibrated my accelerometer correctly before flight. is it possibly because of not enough roll and pitch P then the copter takes very long to level itself during take off?

this confused me a lot… please help…

regards

@akprincehbd,
Videos are nice from a subjective point of view, but tlogs and dataflash logs are the preferable way to help troubleshoot you issue as they are very objective.

If you do not have telemetry installed, then it is going to be very hard to troubleshoot your issue. I suggest that you provide tlogs and dataflashlogs if they are available. Datatflash logs are available in the CLI even if you do not have tlogs available.
Regards,
TCIII GM

[quote=“TCIII”]@akprincehbd,
Videos are nice from a subjective point of view, but tlogs and dataflash logs are the preferable way to help troubleshoot you issue as they are very objective.

If you do not have telemetry installed, then it is going to be very hard to troubleshoot your issue. I suggest that you provide tlogs and dataflashlogs if they are available. Datatflash logs are available in the CLI even if you do not have tlogs available.
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]

thanks, I will try to learn how to dump the logs…

Start having a ferret around here to find out more about logs

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/downlo … n-planner/

[quote=“GaryMortimer”]Start having a ferret around here to find out more about logs

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/downlo … n-planner/[/quote]

thanks !

There are two options for the cause of this issue:

1. Imbalanced motor thrust or center of gravity causing steady-state error in the roll and pitch
  2. The attitude and heading solution is wrong. Highly unlikely.

This is almost certainly (99.9%) #1, a balance issue. This can be solved in two ways: move your CG, or increase gains.

Of note, the integrator (“trim” that the I term learns) on arducopter is cleared (reset to zero) on the ground. That means that it won’t learn how to take off straight - it needs to relearn every time it takes off. This is perhaps something that can be improved in ArduCopter.

The short version:
Increasing P gain will decrease the amount of error you see on takeoff. Increasing I gain will decrease the time it takes for that error to go away.

The short short version:
Try autotune.

Let us know how you get on.

[quote=“jschall”]There are two options for the cause of this issue:

1. Imbalanced motor thrust or center of gravity causing steady-state error in the roll and pitch

This is almost certainly (99.9%) #1, a balance issue. This can be solved in two ways: move your CG, or increase gains.

Of note, the integrator (“trim” that the I term learns) on arducopter is cleared (reset to zero) on the ground. That means that it won’t learn how to take off straight - it needs to relearn every time it takes off. This is perhaps something that can be improved in ArduCopter.

The short version:
Increasing P gain will decrease the amount of error you see on takeoff. Increasing I gain will decrease the time it takes for that error to go away.

The short short version:
Try autotune.

Let us know how you get on.[/quote]

the problem has been solved :smiley: . it’s an easy approach…

the reason it didn’t take off vertically is the other day the copter crashed for some reason and broke two landing gear, and both landing gear tilt… one tiles 5 degree the other like 7 degree so it’s hard for the copter itself to stay horizontally when take off which cause the problem…

my friend brought me a new pair of Tarot T810 landing gear and it can stay flat on ground. Guess what? it takes of like a solid rock now :slight_smile: won’t tilt anymore.

thanks for all your replies.

regards,

Oliver

[quote=“TCIII”]@akprincehbd,

Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]

thanks, solved :slight_smile:

[quote=“jschall”]There are two options for the cause of this issue:

The short version:

The short short version:
Try autotune.

Let us know how you get on.[/quote]

the reason I think it was not a hw or sw problem because it was taking off ok, very balanced perfect take off with gradually gaining throttle… before my landing gear tilts… I use t-motor 4014 motors which, seldomly make mistake.

your answer is very helpful anyway. :laughing: