APM Hardware Failure, mission planner says bad gyro health

I have a APM 2.5 that wont fly. It couldn’t get stable. after downloading 3.1 MP it started announcing I had bad gyro health. I contacted 3dr and got a interesting reply. as follows. Please read all the corespondance. I do not want to be a hard or complaining customer. Need Help finding repair facility to check out board. My next will be a different brand because of this experience. I do want to get this board fixed and working. I have several dollars extras just for this board. following is the correspondence with 3DR. I hate to give up… am I being a pain?
Thanks
Terry

Thanks for responding. I purchased the board because it was a 3 Dr brand. Now you tell me you don’t even service what you make unless it was purchased from you. I was not asking for it to be repaired free just checked and repaired. Thanks for your time, the next products I buy will be another brand, please have better service in the future.
Terry Arford have a great day.
KINDLE mobile email

3drobotics help@3drobotics.com wrote
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Lilly
Lilly (3drobotics)

Jan 16 07:34 AM
Hi Terry,
Thank you for contacting 3D Robotics,
We are really sorry for the inconvenience, you will need to contact your provider. Unfortunately we are not able to replace or give support if you did not buy the product from us or one of our distributors.
Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.

Lilly
3D Robotics

Terry Arfo
Terry Arford

Jan 16 02:37 AM

Is the shop closed or are u guys out at a show someplace. I would appreciate some help on this board.
Thanks. Terry
Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Request received: 3DR Contact Form: repairs (request #9500)
To: Terry Arford tlarford@yahoo.com
CC:

Lilly
Lilly (3drobotics)
Jan 14 08:57 AM
Hi Terry,
Thank you for contacting 3D Robotics,
We are really sorry for the inconvenience, you will need to contact your provider. Unfortunately we are not able to replace or give support if you did not buy the product from us or one of our distributors.

Terry Arfo
Terry Arford
Jan 14 07:08 AM
Message Subject
repairs
Your Message
I have looked your site over and can not find a place to repair my apm2.5.2 board. I purchased it through ebay and have never got it to work. it was new with 3DR stamped on it. Mission Planner tells me the gyro health is bad. is there anything I can do?. I have never flown this board. I have a kk 2.0 works fine , a Wiipro works great, so I have a little exp.
Thanks
Terry Arford
tlarford@yahoo.com
270-261-1232 cell
Your Name
Terry Arford
Your Email
tlarford@yahoo.com

@TLArford,
Unfortunately just because it has the 3DR logo on it does not mean that it is a genuine 3DR product.
There were many clones manufactured that illegally say 3DR on them.
If you paid less than the retail price for your APM2.5 at the time you purchased it, then it may be a clone. Buying “genuine” APMs off of eBay is a risky proposition.
Who was the eBay seller who sold it to you?
Did they claim to be an authorized distributor?
Can you provide pictures with the covers off of both the back and the front of your APM?
Based on your symptoms, it may have a faulty onboard 3.3vdc regulator.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

[quote=“TCIII”]@TLArford,
Unfortunately just because it has the 3DR logo on it does not mean that it is a genuine 3DR product.
There were many clones manufactured that illegally say 3DR on them.
If you paid less than the retail price for your APM2.5 at the time you purchased it, then it may be a clone. Buying “genuine” APMs off of eBay is a risky proposition.
Who was the eBay seller who sold it to you?
Did they claim to be an authorized distributor?
Can you provide pictures with the covers off of both the back and the front of your APM?
Based on your symptoms, it may have a faulty onboard 3.3vdc regulator.
Regards,
TCIII Developer[/quote]
Thanks. the unit came from EBay add
Arducopter ArduFlyer ArduPilot Mega APM2.5 multicopter Fl… (221282575569)
Member id buddygoods | Feedback Score Of 1764 | 99.9%
Sale date: 09/16/13
$78.00 + $1.86 shipping
and yes I can provide pictures.
Thanks for the followup, any suggestions for repair facility.

@TLArford,
Based on the price that you paid, there is a good chance that it is a clone.
The “ArduFlyer” is a clone I believe.
There have been some members on DIY Drones who have offered to repair APMs with defective 3.3vdc regulators which I suspect may be the case with your APM.
Checkout some of the Arducopter threads on DIY Drones.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Terry, just to confirm, I looked at that Ebay listing, and that is definitely a clone. This is a serious problem with people cloning the hardware and selling it as genuine. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be possible for 3DR to repair boards that they did not make.

I understand. I have traced it to the 3v regulator. I have one ordered and will give it a try. I did repair several yrs ago myself. Thanks