APM Channel 5~4 Conflict

Hello, guys. When i send data to APM Input 5, the input 4 reads the signal too. Like the inputs were wired together.

Hope this picture may help you to understand what i’m getting

I’ve also checked if the problem was my RC, but it’s ok.

I need the Input 5 to set Flight mode :frowning:, anyone can help me?

Instead fix this, i can also change the flight mode channel to another channel, if apm allow that.

Sorry for my poor english.

This sure sounds like a channel mix via radio programming, to me. I don’t know of anyway to “mix” Mission Planner channels. What radio are you using?

[quote=“MaXwEllDeN”]Hello, guys. When i send data to APM Input 5, the input 4 reads the signal too. Like the inputs were wired together.

Hope this picture may help you to understand what i’m getting

I’ve also checked if the problem was my RC, but it’s ok.

I need the Input 5 to set Flight mode :frowning:, anyone can help me?

Instead fix this, i can also change the flight mode channel to another channel, if apm allow that.

Sorry for my poor english.[/quote]

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]This sure sounds like a channel mix via radio programming, to me. I don’t know of anyway to “mix” Mission Planner channels. What radio are you using?
[/quote]

I am using Turnigy 9x
personal-drones.net/wp-conte … igy-9x.pdf

I’ve also checked the other channels. Every channel that i plugged in APM Input5 or Input4, behaves as the picture above shows.

And also turned off all mixing settings

Perhaps uninstall and then reinstall FW. I’ve never heard of this problem until now. I wonder if the download was corrupted.

[quote=“MaXwEllDeN”][quote=“FullScalePilot2”]This sure sounds like a channel mix via radio programming, to me. I don’t know of anyway to “mix” Mission Planner channels. What radio are you using?
[/quote]

I am using Turnigy 9x
personal-drones.net/wp-conte … igy-9x.pdf

I’ve also checked the other channels. Every channel that i plugged in APM Input5 or Input4, behaves as the picture above shows.

And also turned off all mixing settings[/quote]

Have you examined the APM board to see if there is any bridging between channel 4 and channel 5’s signal pins?

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]Perhaps uninstall and then reinstall FW. I’ve never heard of this problem until now. I wonder if the download was corrupted.
[/quote]

I tried to downgrade my FW version, and now i can’t even connect to MP, or upgrade FW again :frowning:

• ABC leds isn’t blinking anymore, they don’t light up
  • But RX Led blinks when i

Yep, i did, there is no bridge between ch4 and ch5 :frowning:

This time i can’t even connect to MP anymore.

I also tried:

• these baudrates:
  • Upload FW from other PC
  • Other USB Cable
  • Reinstall Arduino Mega 2560 Driver

I just tried to downgrade the FW Version
What i should do? :frowning:

USB = baud rate is 115200
Telemetry radio = baud rate 57600
The correct COM port should show up in the pull down menu since you’ve already made the connection previously.

I don’t have experience with downgrading FW.

SD card can develop corruption problems if “safe disconnect” is not used before disconnecting the USB.

[quote=“MaXwEllDeN”][quote=“FullScalePilot2”]Perhaps uninstall and then reinstall FW. I’ve never heard of this problem until now. I wonder if the download was corrupted.
[/quote]

I tried to downgrade my FW version, and now i can’t even connect to MP, or upgrade FW again :frowning:

• ABC leds isn’t blinking anymore, they don’t light up
  • But RX Led blinks when i

Yep, i did, there is no bridge between ch4 and ch5 :frowning:

This time i can’t even connect to MP anymore.

I also tried:

• these baudrates:
  • Upload FW from other PC
  • Other USB Cable
  • Reinstall Arduino Mega 2560 Driver

I just tried to downgrade the FW Version
What i should do? :frowning:[/quote]

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]USB = baud rate is 115200
The correct COM port should show up in the pull down menu since you’ve already made the connection previously.

SD card can develop corruption problems if “safe disconnect” is not used before disconnecting the USB.
[/quote]

I used safe remove. :frowning:

I’m wondering if the older firmware use an distinct way to “authenticate” with Mission Planner…

I don’t know what do to fix that. Anyone can help me? Now i can’t even use my APM ;-;

1. If you don’t get LED’s and happy tones when you plug in via USB that is probably a cable, USB port or bad Board. FW is not required to plug in the hardware.

2. If MP won’t connect, after power is confirmed with LED’s and happy tones, ( ie. no packets, failure to connect, etc.) that can still be a bad USB cable.

3. Once you get past the first 2 steps then decide what you want to do with FW.

Hope that helps… If you are working with an older board I may be missing something.

[quote=“MaXwEllDeN”][quote=“FullScalePilot2”]USB = baud rate is 115200

[/quote]

I used safe remove. :frowning:

I’m wondering if the older firmware use an distinct way to “authenticate” with Mission Planner…

I don’t know what do to fix that. Anyone can help me? Now i can’t even use my APM ;-;[/quote]

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]1) If you don’t get LED’s and happy tones when you plug in via USB that is probably a cable, USB port or bad Board. FW is not required to plug in the hardware.

1. If MP won’t connect, after power is confirmed with LED’s and happy tones, ( ie. no packets, failure to connect, etc.) that can still be a bad USB cable.

2. Once you get past the first 2 steps then decide what you want to do with FW.60

Hope that helps… If you are working with an older board I may be missing something.
[/quote]

Sorry for late to answer…

My PC can see Arduino Mega 2560, and APM Green led turns on. That’s why i don’t think that my hardware is bad.

Have an other way to upload APM FW, without Mission Planner? Maybe using Arduino Sketch…