Apm 2.8 gps-compass calibration locking up

Hiya…reference APM 2.8 MFU….definitely not working properly. I can NOT even get the calibration procedure completed. Can somebody, please , show the correct JUMPER arrangement for external combined GPS-Compass unit.???.
I have tried all combinations of the jumpers …even with 3 different external GPS-Compass units …nothing …when I get to the calibration stage of Mission Planner –updated as from today – the little ¨ rotating ¨ star stops and says …only 3 samples collected…regardless of jumper combination …and compass used …internal or external hardware combination.
I re-tried the external combined compass units in my other APM and works first time. Note it is a 2.6 APM unit. Meaning gps is fine.
Which points out that the new 2.8 APM has a serious problem with COMPASS and GPS external unit .full stop . .Be it hardware or firmware there is a design fault with the 2.8 board , and or its documentation. Has anybody noticed how the pins for the GPS APM board connector has been turned around …?? And all it´s signals with it when compared to the 2.6 board ??.
I am awaiting some sort of response before I send back this unit to where I bought it for having my money back or exchanged for an old 2.6…since after hearing all the problems in the web with 2.8 there is a design fault. Or a BIG lack of communication.
I will ask for my money back ,I thing .
Mean while any solutions will be greatly appreciated.
PS.- Is there anybody that got the APM 2.8 working first time out of the box…??? Without making any mods …???
Kind regards.-

[quote=“Ramon Rios”]Hiya…reference APM 2.8 MFU….definitely not working properly. I can NOT even get the calibration procedure completed. Can somebody, please , show the correct JUMPER arrangement for external combined GPS-Compass unit.???
I have tried all combinations of the jumpers …even with 3 different external GPS-Compass units …nothing …when I get to the calibration stage of Mission Planner –updated as from today – the little ¨ rotating ¨ star stops and says …only 3 samples collected…regardless of jumper combination …and compass used …internal or external hardware combination.
I re-tried the external combined compass units in my other APM and works first time. Note it is a 2.6 APM unit. Meaning gps is fine.
Any help will be greatly received…
Kind regards.-[/quote]

OK…I have found the answer to my problem with the compass calibration locking up…quite simply I had the external compass connected to the old IC2 port as we did in APM version 2.6.
After much researching in the web about this problem I have find out that the IC2 connector is no longer used for the compass and that we had to connect to the connector right below th GPS connector that used to be called – OLD style GPS –…that was it…!!!
Conclusion - put the gps connector where it always has been connected in older versions , but put the compass in the socket underneath the GPS called “ OLD STYLE GPS “ .
I still wish this sort if information was better documented and silk screened properly.-
Also to make the external GPS-COMPASS work properly do NOT have any jumpers put on in the GPS side of the board.-
NOTE.- Unbelievable by doing all this test and trials I still did not blow anything on the board…!!! thanks God for that…!!!
I hope this information saves to somebody a lot of time , effort and money .!!!
Kind regards to all.
PS…Peeewhhh…that was a close one to blow the board…!!!