APM 2.6 w/Flight Planner 2.0 No Radio Calibration Input

I have been working for 6 hours to try and fix my current problem with no luck. I am hoping someone can help me on here. I have gone through all the previous steps to get my quad up and flying: download firmware, set up frame type, compass, and accel calibration. I haven’t had any problems with these steps. When I get to the radio calibration step I do not have any input from my transmitter on the screen. If I unplug the USB from the computer and plug in m lipo, I have power to my receiver, my board, and my esc’s. The esc’s beep as they come on and continually beep as if they are not getting any signal. The transmitter and receiver have been properly bound and the LED verifies this. I will list my gear below to help. I am running on a Mac, but I doubt that makes a big difference.

Dx6 Tx
Orange DRX 2.4GHZ 6 channel receiver
APM 2.6 flight controller
Flight Planner 2.0
Afro 20 amp ESC’s
Turnigy 1000kv motors
SK450 DeadCat w/power distribution board
2200mah 3 cell lipo

[quote=“cale_hyer”]I have been working for 6 hours to try and fix my current problem with no luck. I am hoping someone can help me on here. I have gone through all the previous steps to get my quad up and flying: download firmware, set up frame type, compass, and accel calibration. I haven’t had any problems with these steps. When I get to the radio calibration step I do not have any input from my transmitter on the screen. If I unplug the USB from the computer and plug in m lipo, I have power to my receiver, my board, and my esc’s. The esc’s beep as they come on and continually beep as if they are not getting any signal. The transmitter and receiver have been properly bound and the LED verifies this. I will list my gear below to help. I am running on a Mac, but I doubt that makes a big difference.

Dx6 Tx
Orange DRX 2.4GHZ 6 channel receiver
APM 2.6 flight controller
Flight Planner 2.0
Afro 20 amp ESC’s
Turnigy 1000kv motors
SK450 DeadCat w/power distribution board
2200mah 3 cell lipo[/quote]

Literally walked out of the room and back in the room and now the receiver’s LED will no longer even turn on. I have no idea if the LED is just not coming on or if the receiver is no longer getting power. Turning the tx on and off does not change any of the LED’s on the APM 2.6 flight controller.

Do you have the jumper on or off? I find on my setup with the jumper off and both sides powered separately that I have to plug in my lipo while connected to the USB to power up the receiver.

Russ

I would suggests this quick check to verify the rx is working. Unplug all outputs from rx. Power on tx. Power rx from normal/standard rx battery and plug in a servo to channel 1. You should get the servo move. If not then rx is dead. If servo moves ok then it must be something on the apm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“rustutzman”]Do you have the jumper on or off? I find on my setup with the jumper off and both sides powered separately that I have to plug in my lipo while connected to the USB to power up the receiver.

Russ[/quote]

Thanks for the help Russ! I have not ran in with the jumper plugged in. Would that fry the board with the jumper on and the power module plugged in? I have tried having the USB plugged in and the lipo plugged in as well, but didn’t have any luck. Would having the lipo and usb plugged in at the same time mess anything up?

[quote=“Radioman”]I would suggests this quick check to verify the rx is working. Unplug all outputs from rx. Power on tx. Power rx from normal/standard rx battery and plug in a servo to channel 1. You should get the servo move. If not then rx is dead. If servo moves ok then it must be something on the apm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Great idea Radioman. I did exactly what you said and I didn’t get anything. I’m thinking the rx must be dead. It does still have power to it and nothing on the inside looks fried. I have two other rx’s on the way. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

No radio calibration (all indicators a blank, or don’t react), or
no
giro data, or
bad compass health
or motors does not react to spin with throttle up (just spins but not throotle ).

Before replacing the 3.3v connect Mission Planer (for bad compass health)
goto terminal
setup
reset to
factory default.

This worked for me. I was stuck in this a day or so.