APM 2.6 + APM Planner 2.0 + MAC USB Firmware NO WORKY

I am unable to upload firmware to my APM 2.6 with my mac.

1. The usb cable clearly works… for the Flight Data Screen in APM Planner 2.0 shows the gyro, compass, and gyro data correctly.

2. When I go to the “Initial Setup” button and “Install Firmware” and then “ArduCopter V3.2.1”… I get the following:
    Started downloading firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/st … Copter.hex
    Finished downloading /var/folders/gn/yrls614j0bl0sqtcbk3wcfh80000gn/T/APM Planner.lIi888
    Opening firmware file…
    Hex file loaded: 242280 bytes
    Unable to open COM port: usbmodem1411

Here are some of the facts:

1. I’m running a Macbook air with Yosimite 10.10.2
  2. My APM 2.6 is brand new.
  3. I’m running APM Planner 2.0.18
  4. I did install the FTDI drivers.
  5. When I look at system info… under usb… i see “Arduino Mega 2560”.
  6. I’ve tried with multiple usb cables and multiple macs.
  7. And again… if I connect to the device… the flight data comes across no problem.
  8. When I try to install the firmware… I always get a popup which says “Unable to open COM port: usbmodem1411”

I’ve googled for hour and can not find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Stephen

you could try an older release of APM Planner 2.0 (like 2.0.17 or 2.0.16) and see if that works

see firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APMPlanner/ to download these versions

[quote=“billbonney”]you could try an older release of APM Planner 2.0 (like 2.0.17 or 2.0.16) and see if that works

see firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APMPlanner/ to download these versions[/quote]

Billbonney… thank you mate… I tried it with 2.0.17 and it worked like a charm!

I missed a defect fix for Qt5.4.x and serial ports (I fixed it for 3DR Radio and PX4 upload). You can download the latest daily build (i.e. 2.0.18 version) with a fix from here

firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APM … 015-08-04/

You might consider updating the latest Mac release. I experienced this exact same problem and had to hunt around for this solution (which did work by the way!).