APM 2.5 ArduCopter 3.1 RTL does Loiter

Hello,

I am trying to get my copter to RTL, but it does seem to loiter, although the log analysis shows it goes into RTL. However it stops at the place where RTL is activated but not coming home.
Maybe there is an error in my params? I am lost here and hope someone can help.

marcel,
Somehow the THR_ALT_P parameter has been set to 0.001 when it should be 1.0. Not sure how that happened but that’s the cause I suspect.

Thanks for replying and sorry for the late reaction.
When I read the parameters using the mission planner it reads 0.49.
After I set and save it to 1.0 it still remains 0.49. It seems I can’t change it.

This is strange…

[quote=“rmackay9”]marcel,
Somehow the THR_ALT_P parameter has been set to 0.001 when it should be 1.0. Not sure how that happened but that’s the cause I suspect.[/quote]

Yesterday I got strange parameter change with throttle failsafe parameter. I don’t remember exact name of the parameter but it triggers failsafe if throttle is lower than that.

After radio calibration I adjusted that parameter because prearm told so. Suddenly value was changed from 925 to xxxxx value. It was really out of the scale and had five digits.

It was one time error and I can’t say how it happened but there needs to be very careful and check what is changed.