APM 2.019-rc4_win.exe stopped working when Joystick connects

Same experience as in APM 2.0.18, apmplanner stops working when File/Joystick, but joystick connects ok up through 2.0.17. I have been exploring usage of the Logitech F310 because my Saitek X45 are not currently available.

Running non-3DR APM 2.8 board and APM Plane firmware 3.4.0 because the option to load firmware 3.5.0 is not available in the menu in APM Planner. Mission Planner offers firmware 3.5.0 but lies, and loads 3.4.0, so I’m stuck in 3.4.0

I’m not sure I am going to have time to fix the joystick issue. My suggestion would be to try QGC

Also 3.4 is the last plane release to support APM2.x HW

See diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm … 0-released

Thank You. Since joystick is not going to be fixed, and no chance of getting firmware 3.5.0, and also now reading that HIL_Mode is not included even in firmware 3.4.0, am I correct then in making the conclusion that APM2.6+ and software support is effectively “End of Life” for that platform? I want HIL_Mode for X-Plane simulations and a hardware flight controller. Does that mean PixHawk is my alternative or is there a better choice. I am so sorry that APM 2.6+ is apparently dead, I have been working on getting up to speed on it and now this. Will I have a better new life in PixHawk after I get over whining about having to buy new hardware if I don’t find satisfaction rolling back to firmware 3.3.0, should I even bother with 3.3.0? John.

See dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/simulation-2/

Hil should work for APM2.x HW, just need to get the correct image. it’s not dependent on APM Planner 2.0.

You can do simulations without the HW, by using SITL, see above link

I’ll look into your last post more, but a quick reply here is that I need to use the Thrustmaster T-16000M joystick hardwware, so just SITL is not going to work for me. Also, my setup is not APM Planner now, but APM non-3dr 2.6+ (2.8 the seller said) Mission Planner, X-Plane 10, and Thrustmaster T-16000 Hall effect flight stick

firmware.diydrones.com/Plane/ firmware only goes back to the last 3.4.0 release. Finding release 3.3.0 is proving difficult to nail down, although I found it at the Github, I am not a developer setup to do builds from source for Windows executable. Anyone who has a link to a compiled exe for 3.3.0 please post the link.

I found the firmware version I was seekin gavailable in Mission Planner, 3.3.0 firmware is possible to install from within Mission Planner “Pick previous firmware” on the Install Firmware page.

Unfortunately, the firmware lists as 3.3.0 but downloads only 3.2.3 and the HIL_Mode configuration option is not present in the Full Parameters List (where I expect it should be found), so my journey is not yet over…