Aperture Hexacopter

Hello,
I just ordered a Aperture Hexacopter! Does anyone know if it comes with EVERYTHING you need to connect it to Mission Planner?

Like a USB lead ? That should be all you need.It is telemetry ready so you could enable wireless connection to Mission Planner with telemetry radios,and I recommend doing that.Much easier for calibrations,tweaking etc.

Thanks,
I will be using auto mode most of the time! I have a 915 MHz that I will use off USB on the computer and hopefully connect there that I had left over when I used to fly my IRIS+. Do you know if that will work or does the unit come with its own?

I think you’ll need an air module for the copter.It’s a full arducopter compatible craft so you have full access to everything.Not sure if you’ll have to open it up to fit the air side radio or if it has a plug in the shell.

I was tempted by one of these at the price I have to admit.

Hello again,
Ok i got the Aperture working with mission planner and the first flight in auto it seemed disoriented and went down as soon as i put it in auto mode. Now all motors but one will arm! I switched the disconnect arm with another to see if the motor or arm or both were bad and they work at a different connection! Have any ideas of what it can be?

It’s going to be the connector at the body end where the arm plugs in.Probably a broken solder inside.I’ve heard that some of the soldering there can leave a bit to be desired which is probably why they hacked the price so heavily.

Auto mode needs a mission to be programmed into it but this could be a terminology thing that crops up from time to time with RTF systems.It’s worth decoding whatever terms they use to the Ardupilot standard ones.Not sure what they call their modes on this but anything that needs the GPS also needs the compass calibrated perfectly,and that means outdoors.

Thanks you,I will take all these screws off and look at the arm and I will try to calibrate this thing with mission planner. Should have already been done before I got this thing but, I will give it a try.