Servers by jDrones

AP/SITL does not receive any joystick data from MissionPlanner

I have been fighting the joystick problem for awhile and I was wondering if someone can help. My setup is this, on a Windows 10 PC: MP(3.1.70)<->AP/SITL(4.0.0 stable)<->X-Plane 11.41. I have made sure that X-Plane does not expect any direct joystick input. I start AP/SITL (–model xplane), then start X-Plane, and finally start MissionPlanner with the following arguments: /joy “T.Flight Hotas X” /type plane. After connecting MP to AP/SITL, I used the Flight Data|Actions|Joystick screen to setup the Roll, Pitch, Yaw and Throttle channels and enabled it. There were no error messages or diagnostics. When I manipulate the joystick, MP does not send any MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MANUAL_CONTROL messages to AP/SITL - I have verified this by setting a breakpoint in AP/SITL where it handles that message. Do I have to setup some MP config param or something? I see a .rlog file generated, but I don’t know how to decode it. Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Thanks to information provided by @Corrado_Steri in Check in Joystick to enable as default I’m now able to see joystick data in MAVLINK_MSG_ID_RC_CHANNELS_OVERRIDE packets from MP in AP/SITL. However, for some reason, Mission Planner seems to buffer up the packets until I press the Mission Planner|Flight Data|Actions|Joystick|Disable (Yes!) button after manipulating the joystick! Am I missing a Mission Planner setup or config or commandline arg? Thanks.

Please do not duplicate the threads. It is easier to keep track if we discuss only in one place.

Corrado

Servers by jDrones