• fixes for moving baseline yaw with DroneCAN GPS
  • fixed GPS dropout issues on F4 and L4 GPS
  • added EFI peripheral support
  • fixed non-contiguous mask for ESC telem

Please test!

4 Likes

Hi tridge,

Thanks for all your effort.
What is the least required ArduPlane version to test this?

I am lagging a little bit …

ArduPilot plane has supported CAN sensors for a long time. The first version to support CAN devices was 3.2.1 in February 2015

Hi tridge,

Thanks for the answer.
Luckily the planes are not that old… :wink:

I’ve just released 1.4.0 stable of AP_Periph, and marked master for 1.5.x development.
Changes in 1.4.0 versus last stable are:

• use new AP_CheckFirmware system
  • fixed passing of WGS84 height from GPS
  • support CANFD on STM32H7
  • fixes for moving baseline yaw with DroneCAN GPS
  • fixed GPS dropout issues on F4 and L4 GPS
  • added EFI peripheral support
  • fixed non-contiguous mask for ESC telem
2 Likes

Testing 1.4 on a G491KEU6 all working :slight_smile: 2 of them are going in a quad plane.

I’m playing with CANFD, running master on fc and ap_periph 1.4 on node, when I turn on canfd and I can connect to slcan either through mission planner or dronecan_gui but the node shows up but not with the periph name and I can’t get parameters. With fdcan off the node works fine.
I have selected the node in fdcan mode and I can see baro pressure in the subscriber so it must be working. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve just released AP_Periph 1.4.1 to fix an issue with compasses on peripherals. The only change is a fix for an issue that caused compass data to be all zero.
Fix is building on the build servers now.

Hi @tridge

I am setting up a large VTOL plane and am struggling to get I2C compasses to be visible on the canbus.

I tried 1.4.1 and also the latest 1.5 and neither seem to register that a compass is connected.

Using a holybro F9P with IST8310 compass conncted to the UART port on an L431.
I have also tried other i2c compasses)

I can see the GPS great but the i2c compass does not register and does not appear in the HWID list in mission planner. I assumed the compass would be fairly plug and play.

Is there something specific required to enable these devices?

Hello, is it possible to see can node when connected trough radio with MP or a usb connection is needed?

Thanks.