AP_Periph 1.0.0 stable released

yes but i want to attach range finders to it not air speed sensors

On f303 universal firmware you can attach a rangefinder, you need disable some functions using uavcan gui and you are ready to go.
What kind of rangefinder you want wire

Yes but will the universal firmware work on a matek 303 gps?

Why you have to change firmware… on your gps module there is also the i2c connector and uart connector… if i remember well gps it’s wired on uart2.

ok sorry I might be picking this up wrong, does the matek firmware support rangefinders?

matek firmware it’s a variant of the ap periph firmware…, it can support rangefinder.
What kind of rangefinder you want use?

it was the tfmini, so the documentation is not really clear what is supported, it just says " depending on driver library included" but it doesn’t actually say what driver libraries are in what firmwares.

well, if you want use tfmini you need disable compass… gps… etc

yes but are all the rangefinder drivers in the matek 303 firmware?

Yes coz its AP_Periph firmwares

1 Like

so what is the difference in features between the universal firmware and the matek one?

The difference it’s minimal.

1 Like

Thank you. So ap_periph is basically like ardupilot in that the firmware is the same its just the hardware definitions that are changing?

1 Like

Thank you. I had started reading about UC4H and was trying to work out how much made it over to ardupilot and how it was implemented. they are both done differently, thats what was confusing me UC4h has discrete firmware for devices whereas ao_periph doesnt do as much but has it all in one firmware.

It depends on flash space. Basically the more available flash, the less gets compiled out. The original 64k F103 periph nodes were quite specific. Current 256k+ boards not as constrained.

1 Like

where can i find whats compiled out of each firmware? I am looking to get something CAN to start testing with, I ended up focusing on the matek gps as something to test that should work out the box but i dont want to get it and realize that it doesnt have drivers for anything other than the matek air speed sensor in it. thats why im trying to get clarification of what is included. I was asking about the universal firmware so i can test as many sensors as i can with it.

It’s in the hwdef (.dat, and also .inc for some) for the device.
Looks like all airspeed sensor drivers are included, but default set as the Matek one.

1 Like

OK got it. thank you for your help.

H743-SLIM has a lot of uart ports, can they be used for devices over can? the wiki only talks about f103 and f303 limitations of a single uart. is that just a limitation of those processors or is that a limit of the firmware?