Any experience with Loc8tor?

Anyone using Loc8tor on your multicopters to find them IF they are lost for some reason (flyaway or dropped in the woods …)?
Any experience?

If you dont use any Loc8tor, what do you use? Those Lost Signal Alarmers? As long as there is connection with the telemetry, its no problem, but if the multicopter suddenly flies away and gets behind obstacles like forests, the signal is probably lost. Then what du you do?

Go look for it until it’s back in telemetry range.Haven’t lost a craft yet and gone searching many times. The range on that unit is really not great enough to be of much use I don’t think. It would not have done me any good on the craft I have had to search for.

Loc8tor also uses 2.45 GHz. Would that interfere with the RC or the GPS? I have had problems with GPS not finding satellites when having 2.4GHz-Wifi-units close to the GPS (that is, on the multicopter/plane).

The point with Loc8tor was to have something that nor relies on the battery on the multicopter/plane. The battery often get loose, disconnected and sometimes destroyed. 7kg multicopters are destructable to them selves when crashing (I guess) and planes can dissolve into pieces.

We have spend several hours finding planes and helicopters at our field. Sometimes have to give up for the day and search later. Some planes have disappeared completely. And this is only RC-planes, not ArduPiloted.

Well… flyaways are rare nowadays and most of the crashes often happens very close. :slight_smile: But no crash with any plane or multicopter the last years for me (Pixhawk on all).