Another NTRIP connection issue -

I cannot connect with NTRIP. I have checked and double checked my log info. I can connect using u-center using the same info. It looks like all of the issues reported here are related to getting the log in correct but I get a different error whenever I intentionally provide bad information; I really feel the login data is correct. I do not know if there is anything in the config files that I need to change to correct this and the gps (f9p) is getting 3D fix and my CORS site is 5km away.

I have been stuck trying to fix this for few days, any help would be greatly appreciated

https://user:pass@205.162.52.22:1099/ctac_MnM.

I am working on a simple rover configuration with the following:

The setup is pretty simple.
Flight controller: PIXHAWK 1 (F427 board).
PWM Receiver: FS-IA6B (2.4MHz)
Motor Controller: Sabertooth 2x32 driving 2 brushed wheel chair motors.
Telemetry Radio: 915 Mhz for Mavlink
GPS1: ardu simple F9P
GPS2/compass2: - M8P
Antenna: u-blox ANN-MB-00 Antenna
Autopilot: Mission Planner running on an win 11 laptop.

Could you check without hardware connected that you can get data from your caster ? Just launch MP, and in the RTK pannel, connect your endpoint. If it works, it should display the RTCM frame. Otherwise, you could have more info in the MP terminal on what is wrong and how MP is trying to connect

Points to check :

• Ntrip v1 or ntrip v2 ? Mission Planner only use V2 for now, if you update to next beta, there is a tickbox for V1
  • Check your user string, if it got @ on it, replace it by -at-

Thanks for responding.

Restarting MP with nothing connected. I tried to log in from the setup/RTK/GPS inject page.
Get the same error “Error Connecting” but the terminal panel looks like the ntrip may be connected (ntrip Open) but not communicating??

Not sure what to think about regarding Ntrip V1 or V2. Is that mav2 as shown in the terminal below? What should I look into to know?

The @ string is ok, The MP login does not like -at-.

I found the posts for older Ntrip casters; and installed the latest beta version of MP (build 1.2.8663.5522). I take it the difference between v1 and v2 is http vs htpps:

With a fresh install nothing connected, i seem to connect, but nothing populates on the RTK screen

I think v1 helps. Not sure now but i think its connecting and then disconnecting - maybe an issue with the internet connection?

With a fresh install nothing connected, i seem to connect, but nothing populates on the

Just as one more data point this does work for me with the latest Beta version of MP and my Ntrip login:

Nearest Base Station shows on the map.

1 Like

I was able to solve my connection issue. I have always logged into the Ntrip server that was nearsest to me. For whatever reason, doing so now continually drops and restarts the connection. I still can log into other nearby mount-points and they work as expected.

So the problem connecting was a IP connection issue. I also learned that there is a different port/mountpoint that provides the “nearest site” automatically. This port and mount point stay connected and I get 6 green connections and strong signal…

Woohoo- a 7 day lesson learned. now on the the rest of the setup

Thanks for the pointers @dkemxr and @khancyr

2 Likes