Angle_Max Bug?

So a very irritating issue. After a LOT of time dialing in my quad [ you know how it is ] the one thing I wasn’t happy with was it went scary fast and would wig out the baro if it got over 15 mps. Being as 15 mps was more than fast enough for me I changed the max angle to 35 from 45 thinking that would slow it down [ isn’t there a better way to do this?!} . After doing that I had zero control. That is to say it armed fine I took off but to my shock had zero input in pitch or roll :astonished: I then kept getting DP complain saying 'Warning check angle _max". So I said to heck with it and put it back to 45. But no matter what I did with that setting including putting it back to 45 I had no control anymore. I guess I should have thought to look if my kids wine to zero? At any rate out of frustration I reset to defaults which meant starting all over. ggrrrrrrr :angry: Is this a bug with DP? copter 3.2? Or simply user error?

Are you saying you made the actual value 45? If so, you’re probably seeing a lack of pitch/roll authority because “45” in this case is 45/100 of one degree. Not a lot of pitch/roll going on there.

If you’re looking to make it less twitchy than the default (3000), try 2500. I set my ANGLE_MAX to 4500 once, and it works. That’s a little too aggressive for my taste, so I dialed it back to 3600.

Kelly schrock
Thanks I did find out I messed up and didn’t do 3500 I did 35 so yes your right that’s less than 1 so basically zero control. Dumb mistake on my part!!

I’m going mark as solved but I’m still in the dark as to how to adjust my quad… I like the aggressive 45 degree ’ hole shot’ but it goes too fast once it gets going and wigs out the baro and shoots up 20-30 meters! However it does not do this if I keep it under 15 mps or so. So how can I tell it don’t fly faster than 15 mps? I see max loiter speed and max wpt speed but how about max in any manual mode? Am I missing it in the params?

fyi I set my dual rate on my TX for the pitch but this kills the fast ‘hold shot’ and also doesn’t limit the max speed it just takes longer to go too fast… if that makes sense.