And so it begins...Newb question 1

I have found myself required to de-construct and fix a survey boat equipped with a single-beam transducer, RTK-GPS/RH Radio, Pixhawk, Raspberry, SBC with Windows, pair of Airmax Bulletts for MAVLink and Remote Desktop, Mission Planner, servo+radio, ESC controller, network switch, etc, and really only have an elementary understanding of all the parts.

1. SBC takes in the Sounder (USB) and RTK-GPS (GPS)
  2. Raspberry takes in Pixhawk (USB)
  3. Bullet in the boat, SBC, Rasberry all connect with ethernet through a MicoTik HAP router? (my weakest knowledge - stubborn learning IPs), and the Bullet on land (with its own power and HAP router) connect to my laptop and somehow they talk! And at a pretty far distance!

Question 1: Where do I learn how the Rasberry and Pixhawk interface? After I would arm the boat (through actuating the servo with RC controller?) I did spend a fair amount of time clicking around MissionPlanner mesmerized by the depth and number of controls, but where do I start with a new Rasberry PI 4 I have?

Thank you for reading through this post, and offering links or guidance where you can!

Scott

Sounds really interesting, ive seen some yt videos explaining similar setup, you mention remote desktop, is there a companion computer onboard other than the rpi? Whats actually in need of fixing?

Sounds really interesting, ive seen some yt videos explaining similar setup, you mention remote desktop, is there a companion computer onboard other than the rpi? Whats actually in need of fixing?

Yes, there is a SBC board running windows that accepts the singlebeam and gps string. Currently there is something wrong with the gps string as it keeps getting interuped and floats way too much. Ive checked for a bad cable, but suspect the usb port on the sbc could be malfuntioning. whats frustrating is that i plugged the gps into all 4 usb ports, and have the same problem. i can call up the rover and dont see anything wrong with the signal, just the delivery.