An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

well done :+1:

2 Likes

LOL thanks a lot! It was a lot of fun

1 Like

That was my morning coffee video! What a body of work. I use your work every time I fly. The GCS lua looks very interesting.

Just too bad you did not get to Australia this time round.

1 Like

Thanks Marc, not getting to Australia was a real shame, I was really looking forward to it

1 Like

Hi Alex i just updated my X12S to 2.3.7
now i am getting no sound
i have checked SD card to make sure SD file system and SD File Structure looks fine

1 Like

Hi, I’m running 2.3.7 on my X10 as well and no issues here. No sound means no sound at all or only from my widget? Maybe you have the volume at 0, just guessing?

1 Like

just your widget
volume at 0, just guessing? i have the x12s calling out rssi it works i have my volume on a on a slider

1 Like

Maybe the cfg file is corrupted and a wrong language is selected like italian and you have no sound files?

1 Like

worked it out after 3 hours it is odd
i am using Eric Stockenstrom script on Rfd900x TXMOD on teensy with relay to frsky receiver back to x12s

it looks like Eric Stockenstrom script is not sending flight mode packets until i connect to mission planer
as soon as i connect mission planer it starts talking flight modes
which is a bugger i don’t always take a laptop with me

1 Like

Hi, contact Eric, I’m sure he has already sorted this out, I’ve read something about it in one of his posts!

Hi everyone, I have an issue with yaapu on my X9D+, when it tries to activate it throws a syntax error, attempt to call a nil value. I enabled lua and luac in my radio settings. I believe I copied all the folders correctly. When I install the script, do I need to rename modelname.cfg and create one for each model running the script? I thought I read somewhere that it would be autocreated but I can’t find where I read that so maybe I made it up…

Hi we need more info on your setup, yaapu version, opentx version and ardupilot version.
Cfg is created automatically no need to worry about it.
Try to delete all lua files and only leave luac ones (lua and luac files in this folder are a copy of each other and you can safely keep only the luac ones).
How did you try to “activate the script”?

I’m not home right now so I don’t know versions off the top of my head but arduplane I just flashed the latest stable last week, yaapu I downloaded yesterday from your github, and my opentx version is 2.2.something(flashed about 5 months ago). I’ll get concrete info when I get home.

I tried to activate it just by holding page on my radio to get to the telemetry screen. When I do this yaapu9 is set as the telemetry screen and I get that error.

Okay, so this was a user error, your script is awesome :slight_smile:

I enabled the settings for lua and luac in companion, then clicked “write models and settings to radio”. To make those settings take effect you actually need to flash firmware. Thank you very much!

Sigh, I’m having a new issue that is probably not your script but I wonder if you’ve seen it. When the flight controller boots I get telemtry in yaapu, then after a few mavlink messages telemetry stops updating. I get things like the arduplane version and INF config etc… then it all just stops. Arduplane 4.0.5 is what I have.

edit: I found someone else with a similar issue on an F7 board. It turns out that Serial2 port behaves this way in ardupilot currently(stops sending telemetry after some time). I soldered to the TX3(serial 1) pad on my FC and everything works now.

What board are you using?

Matek F405 CTR. I found a workaround in the last post though, the edit was at the beginning instead of the end so I probably confused you, fixed it. Seems that ardupilot has an issue with telemetry other than the serial1.

Hi Alex,

Hope you’re well! Any chance you’ve had luck getting in what is needed to be able to present RPM.rpm1 in the Horus widget?

Hi Josh, I can give you something to test in a couple days, I’ll prepare a PR with scripting support the way I demoed at the unconference. This will let you send rpm data down the frsky link and display it on the horus via the user selected sensors lua file.

Hi Alex , congrats for the job . I installed the script 1.8.1 on my radio jumper T16 and everything work. One question , I have some lag in the telemetry. Sometimes I wait 3 or 4 sec until the information on the screen is update. There are stream rates on FC to modify? Is normal ? I have a XSR receiver and a cuav v3 FC.I don’t know if is my impression but when I use a rangefinder I2C the problem is more evident. How much is the response time , or if there is a value to compare my system.