An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

for manual landing the aircraft, use the switch SD:
special functions menu
Switch: SD ↑; Action: Play Value; Parameter: ASPD; repeat 1 sec

I need to have an available ASPD parameter, how this can be implemented?

ok,
as I explained a couple posts back, there is just one speed sent from arduplane and I expose to OpenTX that speed with the GSPD sensor variable.
If you have an airspeed sensor fitted GSPD will hold the airspeed otherwise will hold groundspeed.
So just do the same with the GSPD variable, it should work!

hope I understood your need

Alex

Thank Alex
this will help me

about the speed I read in the source code for the githab:

// horizontal velocity in dm / s (use airspeed if available and enabled - even if not used - otherwise use groundspeed)
const AP_Airspeed * aspeed = _ahrs.get_airspeed ();
if (aspeed && aspeed-> enabled ()) {
velandyaw | = prep_number (roundf (aspeed-> get_airspeed () * 10), 2, 1) << VELANDYAW_XYVEL_OFFSET;
} else {// otherwise send sentpeed estimate from ahrs
velandyaw | = prep_number (roundf (_ahrs.groundspeed () * 10), 2, 1) << VELANDYAW_XYVEL_OFFSET;

about the speed I read in the source code

yes, that’s the relevant code, as you can see either airspeed or groundspeed, never both!

Hi Alex,
I have done a translation for the sound files in german language.
Maybe you like to add it to your script.
So far I didn’t have a cloud for upload.
Could you give me some adress for upload?

Cheers,
Markus

Thanks Markus,
next release will also have german as language option!

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Is it possible to add values from the FrSky Telemetrie to your script?
I am particularly interested in the values of the rpm and temperature sensor.
The adresses could be fix and have to be adjusted on the sensors or they are adjustable on the menu of the telemetrie script.

Cheers,
Markus

Hi Markus,
could you please explain in detail what you would like to achieve?

Hi Alex,
I would try to be a little bit more accurate :grinning:
grafik
At the OpenTX I have two group of sensors.
Group one are the sensors direct connected to the X8R receiver over the Smart Port.
Group two are the sensor values send over the FrSky passtrough protokol also conneted to the Smart Port.

I have a RPM and temperatur sensor direct connecetd to the X8R reciver over the FrSky Smart Port
This values I like to display inside your script.
grafik
So maybe between “AltAsl” and “Spd” could be room for “RPM” and “TMP”.

Hope this explanation make it a litte bit more clear.

Cheers,
Markus

Hi Markus,
now I understand what you would like.

• first problem is that I already expose Fuel, Tmp1 and Tmp2 to OpenTX, it’s easy to comment them out of the code
  • then I would have to get real frsky sensor values and show them on screen, I can sure find a good place

I can probably make a custom version for you and give you the sources but after that you’ll have to mantain it, it means that when I release a new version you’ll have to inject the changes by yourself (best solution is to fork my github repo and keep your customized version there), this because you’re request is very specific even though I recognize that by running full screen in one time mode the script prevents users from defining custom telemetry pages

Hi Alex,

I have taken a deep look on your code.
So I decide to ask you about the possibilitys :grinning:

I think I would be able to build a compiled script (first time I ever did that) and fork your github repo.
So if there would be an update I could inject the changes.
So far the plan :roll_eyes:

grafik
I like to replace the “AltAsl” for the “RPM” and the “Power” for the “Temperature”.
If You show me the code lines and what I have to change I will try to customice my script.
A example would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Markus

Markus how about having your sensors on a different page of the script accessible with the page up/down button? Something similar to the message history

Markus what are the sensor names you would like to display, I need a screenshot from OpenTX with the exact values for name, id, instance, precision, I think I found an elegant way to do what you ask that can be incorporated into the script :slight_smile:

@yaapu

Why not use these:

won’t miss any from the standard OpenTx/FrSky telemetry Sport ?

and if detected create additional pages ?

Hi Luis,
I don’t have access to sensors by ID but only by name, but my idea was close to yours, I thought about having the user declare them in a config file for an extra senosr panel in the left side that will be activated by a short press of [PAGE UP/DOWN] only on the horus though

This config would be read only at startup and therefore consume very little resources

P.S. welcome back :slight_smile:

Hi Alex,
below a hard copy from the external sensors.

Most intresting the RPM sensor.
Tmp1 + 2 are fixed on the motor and ESC.

Very nice idea with the extra sensor panel.

Cheers,
Markus

Hi markus,
this is the idea: you define custom sensors in a file like this (all in one line)
S1:label,name,precision[0|1|2],unit label,type[I|E],S2:label,name,precision[0|1|2],unit label,type[I|E]…

S1,S2,S3,S4 are the four sensor positions available on the custom sensor panel.
Type I means the sensor is built into the script, type E means sensor is external and the builtin has to be disabled.

Example:
S1:Temp,Tmp1,0,C,E,S2:RxBatt,RxBt,2,V,E,S3:Fuel,Fuel,0,%,E

3 extra sensors defined:

1. name=Temp, value=Tmp1,precision=0 decimals,unit=C,type=external (use value from frsky not script)
  2. name=RxBatt, value=RxBt,precision=2 decimals,unit=V,type=external (use value from frsky not script)
  3. name=Fuel, value=Fuel,precision=0 decimals,unit=%,type=internal (use value from script)

standard view

toggle custom sensor page with [PAGE UP/DN]

I’ll send you a version to test soon.

Alex.

Hi Alex,
looks great :grinning:
I think I could handle the file.
Not so easy for elektro engineers. We working with the hardware.
Bit’s and bytes are sometimes very hard for us :sweat_smile:

Cheers,
Markus

Hi all,
new release for the Taranis radios:

version 1.6.2

• moved flight modes to separate files to optimize memory
  • added support for FlowHold and Follow new copter flight modes
  • added groundspeed/airspeed unit configuration as menu option
  • moved flight timer to OpenTX timer 3
  • added spoken flight time to flight timer alert
  • added support for dual FLVSS + single power monitor with split load in dual battery view
  • fixed mavlink message severity unpacking
  • fixed first timer alert would not play
  • added dedicated sounds for critical/non critical messages
  • added simple/supersimple support with vocal alerts
  • improved cell count detection with new algorythm
  • added german language support
  • many memory optimizations

you can find the latest version on github

Cheers,

Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the great script. We are using it in all of our Horus radios.
Can we implement this as a widget? I understand the constraints, but can a widget be executed excluding those user inputs.

Thanks