An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

you’re welcone Henry, looking forward to have some feedback on the “Plus” version!

you’re welcome. but I still cannot understand why you see “updates in big steps” after regaining your link, you should see an instant jump to the current status, I’ll try to simulate, just curious :slight_smile:

Sorry for my frenglish. It’s one increment for each re-establishment of radio connection.

ahn ok, this makes sense, it’s the expected behaviour :+1:

to use on the F405-STD and the same connection system as px4 2.8?

I answered here and please don’t cross post :+1:

Has anyone got this working consistently with a X8R? Working perfectly with smaller receivers such as R-XSR. Cant even blame the logic converter as i’m using a F7. Works some times on boot but always stops after abit. I have flashed the latest firmware to the receiver.

Working perfectly on all my X8R RX8R RX8R pro and R9 and the slim with my horus X12s on 2.2.3

Hi Peter,
me too, I use it regularly with an X8R and X4R.

Wild guess here but if it stops after a bit perhaps as soon as you arm it could be the SD card.
Maybe a duplicate of this issue?

Thanks, I had not seen that issue, I suspect this is at least part of it, I do also have alot of stuff on serial ports, using 6 I think.

I see, too many IO threads might interfere with tight frsky polling timing, or in your case delay it enough to appear as stalled

I will do some more testing when I get a chance, I’m also running rover. I flashed rover to a quad with known working telem and that was fine, but it uses only four serial ports and has a good SD card. I might try flashing the rover with copter to see if it does any better, I will also try a different / no SD card and turn off some serial ports and see if the frsky telem comes good.
Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Hi all,
this is the first release candidate for Horus radios, version 1.8.0-rc1

screenshot_x10_19-04-27_15-16-08

horus_1.8.0_rc1.zip

Note 1: OpenTX 2.2.3 is recommended
Note 2: This version requires the luac option checked in OpenTX settings

version 1.8.0 rc1

• fix for series battery wiring
  • new menu option to define a channel to toggle between main screen and message history (by flipping a switch perhaps). This way the only mandatory page is the main page, dedicating a telemetry page to message history is no longer required.

version 1.8.0 beta3

• new layout with bigger hud
  • support for new battery configurations: series and independent wiring
  • support for up to 6 frsky custom sensors embedded in the widget main screen
  • cellcount override for 1st and 2nd battery (select “other” in batt config menu)
  • batteries with voltage higer than 51.1V (requires to select 12s override in config menu)
  • chained FLVSS as serial battery config (select “ser” in batt config menu)
  • voice playback of selected mavlink messages
  • fix to skip flight mode vocal announcement for very quick flight mode changes, like flipping a switch from pos 1 to pos 3
  • haptic feedback, has to be enabled from the menu
  • more options to silence the incoming message beep
  • native support for Eric’s mavlinkToPassthru firmware “Plus” versions
  • support for PX4 flight modes when used with Eric’s mavlinkToPassthru firmware (has to enabled from the config menu)

Notes

as always feedback is very welcome,

cheers,

Alex

Hi all,
a quick preview of an upcoming new “feature” :slight_smile:

cheers,

Alex

4 Likes

Question has the frsky gas suite been droped ?

Question has the frsky gas suite been droped ?

Hi Colin not at all,
are you having issues using that feature?
You should see the custom sensors in an horizontal bar, all features are retained, lookup tables included!

in this example I show my FLVSS sensor, the sensor configuration file is the same.

just a little cant get to show horizontal bar

just a little cant get to show horizontal bar

Ok that’s legacy layout, no horizontal bar here, sensors should be on the right,

if you switch to default layout, sensors are on the horiz bar

in your case seems the widget cannot find the sensors file, it looks for /SCRIPTS/YAAPU/CFG/rq7shadow_sensors.lua , is the file there?

EDIT: Colin you might have a sensor file with an older format, would you mind sending it to me?

1 Like

still no go here is the config file rq7shadow.zip (219 Bytes)

Hi Colin, this is just the cfg, sensors are defined In the rq7shadow_sensors.lua file, can you share that file?