An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi Alex-Is your script good to go with EdgeTx? It’s at a Stable release with a compatible Companion version which is what I was waiting for before testing it.

1 Like

Hi Dave, not yet.
EdgeTX up to 2.4 used an OpenTX compatible LUA API but from version 2.5 up the EdgeTX dev team opted to fork the LUA API and now scripts working with OpenTX 2.3.x do not work anymore and need some rework. Future EdgeTX LUA API will diverge even more

1 Like

Thanks for that info Alex. I suspect many will be interested to know that. So, I’ll stick with OpenTx for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

well that looks like the last nail in the coffin for ETHOS for me
so i will not update my radios now ETHOS Lua Scripting Update

Work is progressing on Lua Scripting for ETHOS and I have some screenshots to share. Lots of work left to do but focused on it now. Although ETHOS script text will look like other Lua scripts used with other OS systems it will use its own scripting.

Yeah, slowly getting there… fingers crossed.

@dkemxr Dave I added support for EdgeTX to my widget, if you feel like testing, well, feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

Yaapu Widget 1.9.6 dev

That’s exciting! I’ll get a beer and start in on the transition :grinning:

One of those Major Milestones I would say!

I’m happy to report that it’s working!! A bit of fumbling with the EdgeTx Interface because it’s the 1st time I have seen it but but that installed, flew a model to make sure the models transitioned and then configured Yaapu Screen 1 and 2 and it’s good :grinning: Swiping to change screens is pretty cool.

A lot to play around with now. Thanks Alex.

Edit: Configured all the models, it’s very fast with the touch screen, so far so good.

2 Likes

Update. Tested with Copter, Plane and Rover all working! I didn’t fly the Plane bench only but flew and drove the others.
EdgeTx with your Widgets is very cool :grinning:

And just a comment on the process of switching over. I used a new Sd card to load the EdgeTx contents plus the MODELS and RADIO subdirectories from OpenTx then copied the Yaapu Sd card contents over. Updated the firmware on the radio and the models transferred and everything just worked after setting up the widgets. Those do not transfer you have to configure them again.

3 Likes

Thank you very much Dave!

1 Like

Just installed the version you linked above on Edge 2.5.0. Everything looks good. The only thing I noticed is that when I’m on the Yaapu telemetry page the touch screen will not bring up the menu that is normally accessible on the regular telemetry pages. But the old fashion buttons still work :slight_smile:

I haven’t flown it yet, only connected to a plane. I’ll try to fly it this weekend and I’ll report back if I notice anything.

Thanks again for this amazing script!

1 Like

I can echo some of @dkemxr 's comments above. All my models moved over, but I’ve been resetting the data screens. The touch screen is pretty significant upgrade in how you navigate the radio. Other than my inability to remember how to setup Yaapu/Crossfire :man_facepalming:, the transition has been relatively smooth.

A couple of observations:

• Some of the shortcuts I used in OpenTX don’t work. For example holding down the scroll wheel to get to the monitor while in the Model Settings doesn’t work.
  • You don’t need to hold down the SYS or MDL keys, just a tap will do. Doesn’t sound like a big deal but it’s funny how that will mess with your mind.
  • I can’t figure out how to reset the timer in Yaapu (not the built in timers) between flights. In OpenTX, from the Yaapu screen (or any flight page) I would hold down the scroll wheel and then use the menu to “Reset Flight”. So far in my fumbling around I haven’t been able to find that menu or ability anywhere.
  • When switching between drones (and therefore models on the radio) the Yaapu script would sometimes not start. On a couple of occasions today I would find myself restarting the drone and radio. At a couple of points I found the only way to get the script to start would be to power the drone first, then turn on the radio. Once a drone/radio was working together then I could power things off/on as normal and it wasn’t an issue.

Edit: I’ve just read how to reset telemetry by resetting Timer 3. Telemetry reset · yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript Wiki · GitHub I’ll give that a try.

Anyone using Edgetx ?

this is the issue i have with no data image

Hi Colin, you need to use version 1.9.6

1 Like

all good now thanks Alex

1 Like

Hi all, little teaser :slight_smile:
Ethos preview, waiting for sport lua methods to actually test this on my X20

4 Likes

Hi there! I’m setting up my first Ardupilot quad with ELRS, but have run into a problem. For context I have an ELRS receiver running 2.0.0 firmware, EdgeTX on my QX7, Yappu 1.9.6, and Arducopter 4.2 (however it is a custom build that includes CRSF telemetry while still being under 1M).

Right now, I am getting all the telemetry data (battery voltage, GPS, etc.) on my telemetry screen, but the yappu screen still says no telemetry. I have enabled CRSF in the yappu menu also. Totally stumped on what to do! Thanks for any help.

you need to enable CRSF custom telemetry by setting RC_OPTIONS = + 256

1 Like

Hmm look great as always your work :+1:

if need testers i have Horus X12S with ETHOS i can help out

You’re a miracle worker! I thought I had that enabled but I didn’t!

1 Like

Thanks Colin, I moved stuff around already :slight_smile:

support for Ethos on X10 and X12 will come after completing X20 support, screen resolution is different so all layouts pretty much need to be redrawn.