An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

thank you so much will do later on

I would like to say A very big thank you to Alex for going the extra mile and helping me,your a gentleman

1 Like

I would like some help with the flight timer feature. On my qx7, when I long press Enter and select “Reset flight”, OpenTx Timer 3 gets deactivated, meaning that my input to start Timer 3 is erased. I have tried setting Timer 3 to be started using my Arming Switch, an unused switch, and a Logical Switch, and every time it gets erased. I don’t need a fancy setup to have Timer 3 start using throttle and other logical checks, I just don’t want to dive back into my model settings after I reset the flight. Thanks for your help.

Hi, timer 3 is already used internally by the script to expose flight time to OpenTX, if you need a user activated timer you need to use timers 1 and 2.
When the vehicle is armed and ardupilot sets the “is flying” bit the script start timer 3, after landing it stops it automatically, so no need to handle timer 3 from OpenTX.

2 Likes

Ahh got it, that makes sense. Thanks so much for your help Alex!

2 Likes

Following a tip from @rob-clarke Orange Cube - FrSky Passthrough and MOT_PWM_TYPE issues

I now have passthough working on Cube Orange using a pull-down resistor, I used 8K2 but I think anything around 10K would work fine. Serialx_Options = 7.

I think we could fix this in software also but that is a rather harder problem. This confirms the issue at least.

2 Likes

I had a flight last week and I am reviewing the OpenTx Logs. In the yappu telemetry script settings, I set the units for Vspeed to ft/sec, and my Qx7 units are set to Imperial. When I opened the .csv log in Excel, the header row listed the Vspeed units as m/s. Is this an error in the OpenTx log? Do you think my numbers are actually in ft/sec? I know I could dive into the Ardupilot log but I figured I’ll ask here in case someone has had a similar issue.

have you set in OpenTx

?

1 Like

Alex Apostoli

Stay safe buddy
thinking about the hardship in Italy :mask:

1 Like

I did not do that, thank you for your help!

Thanks Colin, I’m locked at home like everybody else here :mask:

yep we are about to get lock down as well went shopping to buy up some toys orange cubes to replace some black ones i think with the orange ones you don’t need a converter

1 Like

no converter for Cube Orange but you’ll need a pull down resistor as @iampete pointed out a couple of posts back

1 Like

Hi this arduino firmware is not compatible with my project, you need the MAvToPT firmware running on any of the supported boards, my advice is getting an ESP32 os ESP8266.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I found this rather old post as I was hunting for the discrepancy between the displayed % battery left and what I measured in the lipo pack. For example, on my small 250mm quad that uses a 3s 1AH Lipo, the Yaapu telemetry reads 82% left and my charger reads about 50% left after a 5min flight. Granted these older LiPo packs likely have less than rated capacity now.

Would a possible solution to this discrepancy be to simply change my Battery Override setting from 1000mAh to something smaller like 800mAh to close the gap?

Cheers!

Hi Greg,
my script displays the value calculated by ardupilot which in turn calculates the consumed mah by integrating current over time, so my first guess is your current monitor is not calibrated, what I usually do is calibrate it at cruise speed in planes and while hovering on copters, with this simple approach I usually get a rather low error.

Another approach which I have in the dev version is to calculate battery % over voltage by letting the user define a discharge curve, this approach is not perfect but lets you plug half discharged batteries and still get a rough idea on how much fuel you have left

2 Likes

Alex,

Thanks, you were right. The measured current was way off compared to the displayed current during hovering. I am so used to using the calibrated Mauch PMs on larger vehicles that I forgot to calibrate this smaller PM on the Pixracer quad.

Stay safe and cheers!

1 Like

Thanks Greg, do your best to stay safe as well!

1 Like

well done :+1:

2 Likes

LOL thanks a lot! It was a lot of fun

1 Like