AMSL Geotagging in MP 1.3.39 does not work - BUG

Hi,
the pre-processing step for AMSL geotagging using CAM messages shows this error:

Using AMSL Altitude True
Reading log for GPS Messages in order to get AMSL Altitude
Error System.FormatException: Vstupní řetězec nemá správný formát.
v System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
v System.Single.Parse(String s)
v MissionPlanner.GeoRef.Georefimage.readGPSMsgInLog(String fn) v c:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\GeoRef\georefimage.cs:řádek 299
v MissionPlanner.GeoRef.Georefimage.doworkCAM(String logFile, String dirWithImages) v c:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\GeoRef\georefimage.cs:řádek 979
v MissionPlanner.GeoRef.Georefimage.BUT_doit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) v c:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\GeoRef\georefimage.cs:řádek 1476

In MP 1.3.37 it works OK. So I use this one until a fix is done in the latest MP.

can you please post your log file?

looks like one of the gps lines is corrupt causing the issue.

BIN log

Is it also possible to geotag TIFF (.tif) files too ? Because JPG is loosing quality… It would be fantastic if there would be this option for TIFF files that are exported from RAW.

Thanks !

currently no. depending on your processing solution you can import coords for tiffs however. in agisoft you can.

How can you import 7000 coordinates from your BIN log into Photoscan in some realistic time when TXT log has JPG instead of TIF inside ? So I have to manually change file extension in this TXT in order to import this into Photoscan. It would be nice if TIF geotagging could be used without such problems…

Anyway thanks for help ! MP is great tool !

mp creates a location.txt file with filename and coords, you can import this file. just follow all steps up until the GeoRef photos option.

what version of MP are you running, I checked your log, and it seems to load fine.

please try the latest beta MP. I think I found the problem.

OK now it works !
THanks !

The files in the TXT are JPG ! Photoscan imports those JPG and it cannot match it to TIF then…

are your source images jpg or tiff?

My images are TIF. But as I said MP does not output TIF files in the TXT log…

could you provide your log and say 3-5 of your images?

the log is already attached in this thread… the first 5 TIF files are here link

Hi

I also experienced the same problems with the system geottaging In MP 1.3.19

Using AMSL Altitude True
Reading log for GPS Messages in order to get AMSL Altitude
Error System.FormatException: valuewas either too large or too small for an Int32.
at Sysyem.Number.Parselnt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Int32 Parse(String s, IFormat Provider provider)
at MissionPlanner.Georefimage.doworkCAM(String logFile, String dirWithImages) in c:\User\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\georefimage.cs;line 1074
at MissionPlanner.Georefimage.BUT_doit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\User\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\georefimage.cs;line 2253
what happened with the system?