Align T-Rex 500 DFC project

Yes function set to 31 is the HeliRSC. So that is correct

This is not correct. The motor interlock is 32 for the RC8_Option

If you are still having problems then please post a param file.

I misspelled ā€œrc8_optionā€=32. Here the parameter file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFEZU2RcouNIFI65keZ9vSCFsdWGCwnV/view?usp=share_link. Thank you

Ok. So if you have it setup properly, then before you arm the motor interlock must be disabled meaning the switch is set in the low position(PWM <1200). Best way to tell is using mission planner. If you have the pre arm checks enabled (which you should). Then you will see a message that says ā€œmotor interlock enabledā€. If you see that then move your transmitter switch to the opposite direction and the message should go away. At that point you can arm. Flip the motor interlock to the high position and the engine should start.

Done

The message does not disappear

Please show me this behavior by creating a log and posting it. You can create a log while disarmed by enabling the LOG_DISARMED parameter. Then attempt to arm the heli. After you finish creating the log you can disable that param

This evening the behavior is different. This alarm ā€œPRE ARM Logging failedā€ is triggered. Iā€™m attaching the telemetry file because you canā€™t find others: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NzmhRVBXTDajjuLkg0dq_WPwwSiIHSEm/view?usp=share_link

Walter,
Iā€™m not sure why the logging isnā€™t working. You can set the LOG_DISARMED parameter back to zero. Based on what I saw in the log, the motor interlock switch is working correctly. I saw that when you tried to arm, the switch was in the proper position (Motor Interlock off). When you thought it armed, you moved it to the high position and I saw motor interlock high. So you have the motor interlock working.

So try to arm again with the LOG_DISARMED disabled and send me the tlog. You can look in mission planner in the Messages tab and you can see messages as they appear in a list. If you have a Arm: Logging error then you can disable the logging available arming check but be sure to enable the rest so we can see the other problems. Regarding the logging error, you could remove your Micro SD card and reformat it in a FAT32 format. Reinstall and try arming. Just some thoughts.

Eureka! He armed himself! I forgot to insert the microSD card.

Now I have another small problem: I canā€™t receive telemetry on the remote control. I connected the FPort on TX4 and set the parameter ā€œserial6_protocolā€ = 4. The remote control is: FrSky Taranis qx7 remote control accst. The receiver: FrSky Archer RS receiver.
Thank you

Hi Walter,
Glad to see that you were able to arm and get the motor started. As for the telemetry to your transmitter, I have no experience with that. You may want to post that on the arducopter category. Hopefully someone can help you there.

I performed the first test flight. All good, but the log hasnā€™t been logged. I attach the parameter file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AeBdQw1wACfzzCmoMikGMbJM_bF_tQEO/view?usp=share_link
Thank you

Happy Easter. This morning I tried again and now it records the log correctly.