Airspeed sensor calibration sensitivity

Hi,

I am working on a fixed-wing UAV and my airspeed sensor is digital MATEK 4525DO. I have calibrated the sensor with the AUTO_CAL parameter and the ARSPD_RATIO value fell around smaller than 2. This looks normal. But on the ground when I power the pixhawk, the airspeed value is changing around 7 m/s. I think this is too much. When we blow the pitot tube, the airspeed value increases to around 20 m/s. Is there any mistake? Or is the sensitivity of the speed sensor normal as well? Has anyone had a problem like this before?

Thanks for helping.

Make sure you loosely cover the pitot tube when you boot up the plane. It will calibrate during it’s startup and if there’s a wind or breeze when it’s booting it will offset the calibration.

If you forget you can also cover the pitot tube once it’s booted up and use MP to do a pre-flight calibration.

First of all thanks for your reply. When I was booting the pixhawk, I covered the pitot tube loosely. After the calibration, the airspeed value came as I mentioned first. So after that, I wanted to do a preflight calibration. But when I clicked the button, MP got an error like “The command failed to execute”. Why I got this error? Where am I mistaking I do not know?

Is there any other idea or suggestion ? Thanks

1 Like

Aynı sorun ile karşılaşıyorum çözümünü bulabildiniz mi acaba ?

Sensör ışıktan etkileniyor, yanlış ölçümler yapabiliyor. Üzerini siyah bant ile veya başka bir yöntemle kapatıp tekrar boot edince düzelmesi lazım diye hatırlıyorum.

teşekkür ederim ama tam olarak anlayamadım siyah bantla kapattıktan sonra preflight düzelecek mi çünkü ben de aynı hatayı alıyorum “The command failed to execute” yazıyor birde işim bittikten sonra bantı çıkaracağım değil mi ?

Preflight calibration mission plannerla ilgili bir durum. Sensörün üzerini ışık almayacak bir şekilde kapatmak (siyah bant veya başka bir şey) sensörün doğru ölçüm yapmasını sağlıyor. Aksi takdirde üzerine ışık düşerken farklı, düşmezken farklı ölçüm yapıyor. Bu nedenle sensörün üzerinin ışık almayacak şekilde her zaman kapalı durması gerekli.
Arduplane dökümantasyonunda da ışık ile ilgili uyarı var :
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/airspeed.html#airspeed-sensor-type

Bizim sensörümüz siyah makaron ile kaplı pitot tüpünün kendisiyle alakalı bir durum var mı ağzının açık kalması vs bir sorun yaratır mı?

Bir de Autocal nasıl çalışıyor nasıl kalibre edeceğiz pitot tüpünü

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/calibrating-an-airspeed-sensor.html#calibrating-an-airspeed-sensor

Burada sorularınızın cevabı yer alıyor detaylı bir şekilde.