Aircraft is not flying level

Hi everyone,
I am facing a weird issue with my quad plane. I did the AUTOTUNING and in FBWA mode it was flying good. After done with manual flying, I perform an AUTO flying but in AUTO mission, instead of flying level, my aircraft is flying at -6 degree of roll and -2 degree of pitch. In the starting, I thought this is because of the cross wind but after when i did 2,3 flight in nil wind, then also the behaviour of the aircraft is same.
In VTOL mode, aircraft is flying level, the problem arises after the transition.

Configuration of quad plane:
HYBRID VTOL with 4+1 motors configuration.
Pixhawk orange cube Plus
Here 3 Plus
Firmware - Arduplane v4.3.3

Could anyone help me out in this. Will be very appreciable!!
@tridge Could you help me out?

I am also attaching a log file.
LOG LINK: 00000077.BIN - Google Drive

Your aircraft seems to have a characteristic of sliding to the right when flying level.
Does it slide to the right when flying level in FBWA?

When flying level in Auto mode, the aircraft deviates to the right from the target path, so it always banks to the left to correct the course.

It seems that the nose is always pointing to the right in relation to the flight direction. Since there seems to be no rudder output, it may be necessary to adjust the vertical tail so that the nose always points forward.

Hi @hatnac
In FBWA, pilot was flying in a circular loop so he didnot notice any anamolies with the roll.
Just wanted to know is something wrong with the PID gains of roll and pitch of plane.
What can i do to solve this??

Please let me know whether your plane has a yaw control surface or not.

@hatnac
I am using a V-tail configuration which has yaw control sufaces.
Also, I checked the plane mechanically, that weather it has any twist to the right or not. But everything looks fine.

OK.
Your aircraft appears to be yawing to the left when it rolls to the right.
I would like you to refer to this link and check if the vtail servo reverse setting is correct.

@hatnac
Could this be possible because of forward motor torque effect?

Probably not.

I would like you to look into the servo reversal on the V-tail first.

2 Likes

Hey hatnac,
I checked it. It is totally fine.
I tried to fly with manually trim, by disabling auto trim but still the behaviour of aircraft is still same.

The aircraft is constantly veering off to the right relative to the target path. To correct for this, the aircraft rolls to the left, but the nose is always pointing to the right, away from the path, so the aircraft remains off the path to the right and the attitude remains rolled to the left.

Normally, when rolling to the left, the aircraft should yaw to the left, but your aircraft appears to have the yaw direction control reversed. This can also be seen from the fact that the aircraft yaws to the left when it rolls to the right.

I think you should check again to see if the yaw direction control is reversed.

In order for me to verify that the servo settings are correct, would you be willing to perform the following simple checks and let me know the results?

• Place the aircraft on the ground and set the flight mode to manual.
  • Tilt the yaw stick of the transmitter to the left.
  • Verify that both vtail control surfaces are tilted to the left.
  • Let me know the PWM value of the vtail servo (RCOU.C7 & RCOU.C10) at this time.