Aggressive breaking from companion computer

We fly a 48 kg drone, and want to stop it aggressively from Auto mode, for some use cases through Companion computer. Currently we use Arducopter 4.1.1
The brake mode is sluggish and it stops the drone at a distance of 40m. What parameters/modes/ code changes can I make to brake the drone more aggressively.
Currently I am triggering a guided mode (from automode) without any position/velocity commands, which initializes the guided controller, and stop the drone aggressively at 20m. Can I make my stopping distance more aggressive. What variables can I use to tune the braking distance further

I am attaching the parameter file here for reference.
V8_parameter_list.param (17.3 KB)

Yes, change the LOIT_BRK_* parameters. And update to ArduCopter 4.3.6
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/loiter-mode.html

This will be a limiting factor
ANGLE_MAX,2500

And these are quite mild

LOIT_ACC_MAX,150
LOIT_ANG_MAX,0
LOIT_BRK_ACCEL,150
LOIT_BRK_DELAY,0
LOIT_BRK_JERK,500

These are what I use, but with smaller copters than yours

ANGLE_MAX,4500  // default
LOIT_ACC_MAX,600
LOIT_ANG_MAX,30
LOIT_BRK_ACCEL,300
LOIT_BRK_DELAY,0.3
LOIT_BRK_JERK,300

So maybe increase your angle max, set your loiter angle too since it could be different to angle max, and slightly increase the loiter accel and brake rates.
ANGLE_MAX applies to all flight modes, and obviously LOIT_ANG_MAX only applies to Loiter.
There’s also WPNAV_ACCEL and related params for Auto missions.

1)Do I trigger brake mode to stop the drone during automission even in the latest version of arducopter 4.3.6?

2)Is the performance of brake mode defined by LOIT_BRK parameter?

3)If 1 cannot be used for aggressive braking, do I just switch to LOITER MODE through CC, and ensure sticks are always centred, for aggressive stopping?

4)Can I not write a velocity controller , to give velocity in guided mode in a direction opposite to drone’s motion, to stop more aggressively further.

From this what you suggest is that I increase Angle_max, and LOIT_BRK_ACCEL?
Cause already LOIT_BRK_JERK is larger than what you use!?

Try increasing LOIT_BRK_ACCEL and possibly reduce LOIT_BRK_JERK

Hey. This seems counter-intutive. Ideally I would like to increase accel without reducing jerks, for a more aggressive performance. Why do you increasing one while reducing the other? Is it because I dont want the drone to jerk at higher accelerations, which may be a hardware limitation or is it for some other reason