BFD Systems is a UAV manufacturing and integration company. These are the drones you’re looking for. We make large, industrial systems for mapping, telecom, inspection, scanning, and more. We’re pushing the boundaries of UAV integration with hybrid-electric systems, high voltage tether applications, hydrogen fuel cell, BVLOS, and long endurance VTOLs.
BFD Systems was founded in 2017 by UAV operators who knew there was a way for a better American made commercial platform then what was being offered. BFD Systems has hundreds of aircraft working around the world and we’re excited to take this experience and further improve our fleet and product line. This is a place for you to make a real impact on a small business and an entire industry.
The Position -
BFD is always on the hunt for talented individuals who are proficient in Ardupilot. The job we’re attempting to fill is primarily an ME position, but I figured I’d post here as well just in case. A candidate who is proficient in Ardupilot would be assisting with Log Analysis, test flying, systems integration, customer training, and support. This could be part of the ME job listed below, or depending on your skillset it it might be a new position.
**This is the ME/ Aerospace Engineer job description we’ve posted on Indeed.
BFD Systems is seeking an aerospace engineer to assist in designing new unmanned aircraft and components to existing aircraft. We have a tight-knit team and we are seeking another team member to help us grow. Responsibilities include but not limited to, overseeing the design, testing, and manufacturing of various mechanical systems of BFD Systems aircraft, including carbon plate and machined aluminum parts, structural and thermal optimization, and weatherization of electronic components.
- Overseeing the design, test, and manufacturing of mechanical systems
- Improve upon existing systems to ensure they meet customer requirements.
- Maintain CAD models and designs to be concurrent with manufacturing processes updates.
- Work with manufacturers and partner companies to provide drawings, instruction manuals, and inventory requirements.
- Work with our supply chain to maintain quality assurance.
- Must play well with others and have good interpersonal skills
- 2-3 years of professional experience with Mechanical Engineering
- 3D CAD design- Preferably with Fusion 360
- Experience with designing for manufacturing processes
- Ability to generate 2D manufacturing drawings
If you’re interested or want to hear more please email us at Info@bfdsystems.com.