ADS-B, Mission Planner , and Flightaware ADS-B Dongle

what happens when you start rtl1090 first, then MP second?

Thisā€¦

Initially it runs and produces aircraft in rtl1090. After starting MP, the data stops in rtl 1090 and after restarting, I get that pic above

that looks like a problem with the RTL dongle. and i cant help with that

Okā€¦ so I figured it out. It was a dumb mistake. I had more than one instance of RTL1090 running. So I am not seeing other aircraft in MP. What do my port settings need to be in RTL and in MP for these 2 programs to talk?

you should be able to open rtl1090 and use the default settings, and the open MP and enable adsb, and it should just work

Hello,
I have a similar issue in 1.3.74. When I first open MP, it connects to the dump1090 and displays ADSB planes on the map as I would expect it to. But when I connect to the plane via UDPCI, all of those planes disappear and never return. Iā€™m stumped.

By using UDP for mavlink, does MP stop all TCP communication with the endpoint? Would switching to TCP be better?

I use 4G/LTE for telemetry so Iā€™d like to keep using UDP if possible. I worry that intermittent comms disruptions would teardown sessions unnecessarily and force another parameter download, etc.

Setup:
Pixhawk
Rpi companion computer
RTL USB dongle on the pi running dump1090 for ADSB
Mavlink connection is made via UDPCI to mavproxy running on a second loopback IP on the pi.
MP uses the same loopback IP:30003 to connect to dump1090 running on the pi

Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks,
Don

can you try beta MP? goto help > update beta

Tried the latest beta but it still has the same issue. Iā€™ve attached images to show whatā€™s going on, let me know what if any other output would help.

Before connect:

After connect:

Tried TCP as well but had the same result.

Before connect:

After:

do you have the map rotated?

It auto-rotates with the plane. I havenā€™t changed anything so I believe thatā€™s the default, perhaps Iā€™m missing something?

try disabling the rotation first. its not the default. North up is the default. there is a setting in the MP settings

1 Like

That did it! I mustā€™ve turned that on at some point and it survived the many re-installs troubleshooting this issue. Iā€™ll just leave auto-rotate off.
Thanks for the help.

in the mean time ill try fix any rotation issues

@Michael_Oborne Iā€™ve noticed that the messages donā€™t show up at speed, do you know what causes that?