Adding variable in MP

I am looking to add 4 variables for some custom code that I want to access in the Full Parameter List in MP. What is best practice to do so? I want to keep the current code look and feel and want to include variables that I can access in libraries > AP_GPS > global variables over different files in this folder . I am looking for the best place to put these variables and the format in which i need to structure the code to fill all the fields in the list on MP. Any recommendations?

1. It has nothing to do with Mission Planner. Once you define the parameters in your version of Ardupilot code, they will be available in every gcs sw.

2. If it is GPS-related, then it should go under the GPS_ tree, which resides in the AP_GPS.cpp and AP_GPS.h files. However, if it is related to a specific GPS driver, then you have to familiarize yourself with the frontend/backend/driver structure of the AP code and add your changes accordingly.

3. You can also use the LUA script to add parameters if the handling of the values can be done in LUA without modifying the FC code.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I think I found the format I am looking for. Am I correct in assuming it is the //@ format to fill in all the parameters? But thanks for the info on the matter