Adding custom mode to Mission Planner

Hi @Michael_Oborne

As discussed in previous forum discussions I’ve modified the “ParameterMetaDataBackup.xml” as per the picture below. Note: there is no “ParameterMetaData.xml” in the folder “Documents/Mission Planner” so it should be defaulting to the backup file.

But the mode is not showing up in Mission Planner after restarting.

I’m using latest MP 1.3.80 and added “,127:ShowMode” (skybrush) which is already setup and working on the drone (able to change using the radio but shows as unknown in Mission Planner). Where 127 is the reserved number for the skybrush branch show mode.

Ultimately I want to change to show mode using Mission Planner rather than the radio controller for testing purposes.

Parameter metadata is stored in the ProgramData/Mission Planner folder, (it is a hidden Windows folder).
You have to delete the XML and gzip files from there

Thanks for the response, I’ve located the “ParameterMetaDataBackup.XML” this is the one I modified in the thread above. There is no “ParameterMetaData.XML” file. Reading past posts MP uses the backup file if the other doesn’t exist.
I’m not clear on why I’m deleting the XML files and what a gzip is. Thanks for the input.

It is in the C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner folder. However if you delete anything from there, MP will redownload them at next start (unless you disable internet access)
ParameterMetaData.XML file is no longer used.