Add an 5th motor on pixhawk quad configuration

Hi Guys

I am new on this platform and I need some help/ideas on a project that I am currently working on. I am building a quadplane using 4 motors with propellers mounted on them for VTOL & 2 electric ducted fans for forward propulsion. Using mission planner to upload firmware on my pixhawk autopilot I chose the quadrotor frame type, wanted to find out if it is possible to configure the 2 fans to run on mainout ports 5 & 6?and how this can be achieved?

When you go to upload firmware, you should choose “plane” for quadplanes. Then you set the Q_enable parameter to 1 to enable the quad settings. There’s quite a bit more to it than that though, and I strongly recommend reading through the docs, found Here

Also, it’s probably worth building either a conventional plane or a quad to familiarize yourself with the ardupilot system before tackling a quadplane,as getting a quadplane to behave “correct” can be very difficult.

Hi James

Thank you very much for your advise. I managed to achieve a lot with the information that you have provided. I think I have managed to configure my board enough to perform at least one flight test which I will possibly do in a few days once I complete building my frame.

Thanks again
Cheers