Accelerometer calibration on Matek F405

matek F405wing, 765wing,If I want the flight control on the plane with certain position For example, pitch 180. Should I do calibration with the arrow on the flight control first. Then change ahrs orientation accordingly, Or should I calibrate the flight control mounted on the airplane with pitch 180 position.

Both three axis and level. What is the right way to proceed?

You mount it in the final position that you want to use it, and then you calibrate it.
After calibration do not move it.

So I mount fly control on the plane first, then calibrate it with the actual direction of the plane? What exactly do you mean by After calibration do not move it?

You mount it in the plane at the mount point you want to use it with the orientation you want to use it.
After mounting it on the plane, do not change the mount position nor the orientation.

Do not disassemble it. If you do it you will need to calibrate it again.

After setting the AHRS parameter. If you get it wrong calibration will fail.

my FC is pitch180 mounted on the plane. when accelerometer calibration says Level. should I level the plane of the FC board? also on the 3 axis. the level,left,right,etc. they are to plane or to the FC board?

when should I set the parameter of pitch180. before doing accelerometer calibration or after?

As I said after setting the board orientation parameter, then perform the accel calibration. Of course it’s with respect to the plane, that’s the point of setting the orientation. Did you read this?
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-accelerometer-calibration.html

Sorry, My apology, I did not read that carefully. I understood now. Thank you.

@dkemxr
Can you take a look of the flight control board orientation. Tell me if I did wrong. it still says bad gyro health.

If that’s the bottom of the plane you have something like Pitch 180 Yaw 90 (upside down 180 and yaw 90 or 270). Connect to Mission Planner and use the HUD as a guide to configure this as it’s not clear to me exactly which orientation you need.

Yes, it is the buttom of the plane. The hud is right direction with its actual. I took another photo, hope this is clear to see.

1 Like

OK, then use Mission Planners HUD like I said to see if the Orientation is set correctly. It’s correct if:

Pitch Down

Roll Right (left wing high)

yes roll right left wing high.pitch down green ground shows more on the hud

I realize one thing. I use ground station wireless to do the 3axis calibration. It always says success. Today I did it with USB cable. It said successful. I don’t know if there is a difference. But it still keeps saying bad gyro health.

It will make no difference.

@dkemxr
can you tell me what makes plane keep telling Bad gyro health? if I did 3axis calibration right

The 3-axis calibration is for the accelerometers, nothing to do with the Gyro’s. Sometimes these messages come and go. Try flying it anyway.