Accelerometer calibration error

Hello. My apm2.8 accelerometer calibration is not working. I think the accelerometer is damaged. How can I repair it ? Can I get a new accelerometer that can fix it just like neo gps modules?

Hello @Moonist22 , welcome to the community,

That is very old, unsupported hardware, please replace it with a supported STM32 based flight controller.

1 Like

Hi @Moonist22, the accelerometer is part of the IMU-chip. And this chip is direcly mounted as a surface mounted device (SMD) on the main board of your apm2.8. (marked in the attached picture by the red circle)
At a very good electronic workshop it is possible to exchange such parts if really the part itself is damaged. But this nothing for most normal hobbie workshops. Also the damage can be a broken connection inside the apm2.8 mainboard. This is not easy to figure out.
If the repair has to be done by a commercial workshop it cost more than the actual versions of new and supported flight controllers. So i recommend like @amilcarlucas to look for new hardware

1 Like

Read Choosing an Autopilot — Copter documentation and choose one with an F7 or H7 family processor.

An even more up-to-date version of the supported hardware can be found here:
https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/

@amilcarlucas The apm probably works fine but he is using a new version of mission planner.

@Moonist22
we do not support APM controllers anymore, they have not been supported for almost 10 years at this point due to them having a very slow 8bit processor, It is now entirely incompatible with all the modern ardupilot software and sensors.

this is the latest guide for setting up an APM it will show you what versions you need.

1 Like