I’ve experienced this twice now. Both times immediately after loading 3.5-RC2. Unsure if it is specific to 3.5-RC2 or a common problem I just never noticed until now. This did not happen when I did the same thing with 3.5-RC1.
- Loaded 3.5-RC2, replacing 3DR Solo version of 3.3
- Copied a bunch of saved parameters in to include AHRS_TRIM, INS_ACCOFFS, INS_ACCSCAL, and INS_GYROFFS parameters.
- HUD showed pitch and roll were way off.
- Clicked Calibrate Accel.
- Pixhawk ceased responding, lost serial connection, and played dead.
- GCS reports calibration failed and had no connection to Pixhawk
- Power cycle Pixhawk. Results repeat every time.
After repeating this a few times with the same frustrating result, I went through and wiped out the AHRS_TRIM, INS_ACCOFFS, INS_ACCSCAL, and INS_GYROFFS parameters and calibrated from scratch successfully.
- AHRS_TRIM set for zero
- INS_ACCOFFS sets for zero
- INS_ACCSCAL set for one
- INS_GYROFFS set for zero.
- Power cycle pixhawk
- HUD showed pitch roll way off (more than before)
- Clicked Calibrate Accel, Process completed successfully
- Clicked Calibrate Level, process completed successfully
I don’t know if this a common thing across Ardupilot or something new with AC3.5. I’ve never experienced this before now.