915MHz telemetry radio antenna... replacement options?

I have been using a couple of 915MHz “SiK” telemetry radios for my autonomous drone project. The antennas on these are super fragile. The one on the drone broke at the joint on a hard landing the other day. I managed to put it together using a steel wire clip, as seen below, but I am basically just counting the days until it will break again.

Does anyone know what other 915MHz antennas can be used for these radios that are a bit more durable?

• Can ELRS “Moxon” antennas be used (although those are directional)?
  • Can Crossfire “Immortal” T antennas be used?
  • Are there any other designs with a flexible base for 915MHz, like the omni 5.8GHz antennas we use for FPV video?

broken…
antenna-1

…and “fixed” (for now):
antenna-2

Thanks

I have used this with good results;915mhz

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you

1 Like

Alright, I tried three different antennas at the GCS, and this one seems to result in the highest RSSI when oriented properly at the GCS and used in conjunction with a dipole omni antenna on the aircraft. This is the BetaFPV 915MHz Moxon antenna. I would not use it on the aircraft though, since it’s directional.

antenna-3

1 Like

Hello! I am using Holybro sik radio 915mhz radios. With stock antenna i am getting a range upto 120 metres in height. At this point the difference between rem.rssi and rem.noise is around 16dB, which by thumb rule of range mentioned in wiki page can give maximum upto 250 metres of range further. However I want a range of about 600 metres. I want to replace the ground antenna. I am okay to have directional antennas as well. Does anyone have suggestions for such antenna?
The stock antenna comes with 2.5dBi maximum gain as told by company.

@tridge can you please suggest any better antennas here?