7 Inch Copter very fast Roll Oscillation

mRo PRP and katute F7 HDV.
Quality 7" props
Battery is S4
lightweight frame.
Hobbywing 4 and 1 Dshot 300.
low vibrations min hardware damping.

Firmware beta 7 and past beta down to Beta2 two separate independent build including runaway crash and radio reversal.
normal tuning. stabilize flight mode no issues. Beta MP. No pre arm errors.

Coffee mug, Ardupilot

Statues Grounded.
Top video in stabilized work well

bottom video in GPS/Loitor.

Ok I think I solved my issue using: arducopter.apj Tue Feb 23 00:37:36 2021 808206

After flashing today the GPS shakes are now gone back to normal. I also posted on Discord as Andrew ask me to a wile back.

My guess is if we look at a log it will be a tuning issue.

In fact I can reproduce that sound using these PIDā€™s on a 4" but setting the P/R D term to default:

not a tuning issue! all i did was flash the stable version and it works this is why i donā€™t post logs it always a tuning issue I know how to tune a quad i been doing it for 5 years. Again Stabilize work perfect see video. Again PID are normal.

My PIDā€™s

In Loiter mode but still fly well in Stabilize?

Yea. Loiter just made it sit in one place and make the sound (fast surging/oscillation). I might try a video but itā€™s awful here today. 92F and swampy humidity.

We have good weather today. If you like to test use beta 6 or beta 7 match the pids or in range of what i have if you like. I ended up backing up stable firmware as i own the control zero, the x2.1 and 777, PRP, Kaktue ,pixhalk1 and matek.

Your wildfire smoke is adding to the hazy humidity here in Michigan :slight_smile:

Actually I know itā€™s no laughing matter. I was in the Bay Area last year when the air was very bad.

1 Like

2 years ago our town was very close to burning down.

When my 7 inch X Quad was out of tune, the oscillation was worse in LOIT than it was in STAB modeā€¦ As a matter of fact, switching to STAB mode in flight would stop the oscillation.

That being said, after tuning as per the instructions both LOIT and STAB now fly perfect.

Itā€™s tuning or there would be posts all over about a problem. Beta7 probably isnā€™t far away from 4.1 stable. Perhaps no more betaā€™s. This means itā€™s solid. But Weā€™ll see.

Somehow i donā€™t think if you had a race car or a passenger jet you think to use the word ā€œclose toā€ when it comes to updates. I think your suggesting that the new builds need to be fancy tuned to comply. i donā€™t think i seen this before ever. if Stable is good Beta should as well. if not then the Beta has interduce a new level of complexity that i have zero interest in. Also i am seeing issues cropping up with others if related i not sure. I going to rest up but itā€™s been a fun debate.

Those are pretty much default parameters with a small reduction in Rate P/R P & I. A good place to start perhaps.

What does the rest of it look like?

I donā€™t understand that. Beta7 could be 4.1 Stable very soon. The reason being itā€™s seen a lot of testing and the issues if any are few.

I have seen those posts and I donā€™t think they are related.

@dkemxr,

By the way, the loiter-to-alt issue is only an issue in Auto missions and it actually exists in 4.0 it seems. It should be any easy fix.

1 Like

If someone said that to me regarding the Max 777 I would make sure i had a seat next to the door. lol

I had a chance to review Beta 7 and the firmware called Stable, Stable shows no sign of chatter hiccupā€™s and the jerks in context. This I think proves that my tuning is fine not perfect for 5 mins of tuning but still ok.

The internet is for cats pics.

1 Like

YES !!! The internet is for cat picturesā€¦

OK, now that everyone is horrified, these two live together and are just playing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Brandon,
It would be nice to see those two logs. It could be that Randy or Leonard will be able to find the cause of the differences. And Iā€™m just curious too.

1 Like

hi with enabled dynamic notch iā€™m have this too. iā€™m using frequency from fft for me 138hz and with this copter very quickly if iā€™m change freq to 160 or more - this better. Iā€™m using throttle mode for filter.