6 mode setup Dx18

Love my arducopter 2.6 3.15 but having trouble with 6 mode set up. Can get Modes 1,4,6, , but unable to get settings for 2,3,5. Have attempted to do so using info on Dx8, but not able to get these settings using the mixes. Thanks. RichardHamilton

I dont have the dx8, but, I kinda think that most of the newer radios are very similar…If your radio allows you to create CUSTOM SWITCHES, then create six new custom switches… use the three - way switch and another, that you prefer…

then create six, using a formula similar to (x)and(y) or AND or something like that.

then go down the list, custom sw1 = 3pos(a) AND (ELE)
custom sw2 = 3pos(b) AND (ELE)
custom sw3 = 3pos(c) AND (ELE)
CS4 sw4 = 3pos(a) AND (!ELE)
CS5 sw5 = 3pos(b) AND (!ELE)
CS6 sw6 = 3pos(c) AND (!ELE)

then goto the MIXING screen and on channel 5 (or whatever channel you want, as long as it is wired to APM channel 5) create the following mixes, (all on the same channel, each new line will be +

channel 5 and source the custom switches, SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4, SW5, SW6

after you set up the mix with the custom switches, then calibrate the ppm while looking at the mission planner screen, and the radio is on the mix screen, and adjust the weight, or ratio… to adjust/move the ppm and flight mode…

hopefully this makes sense… anyways, this seems to work a bit better then the methods I have seen on youtube… it frees up a channel on the receiver… now you can program a available channel to ELE, and have it control something different, something else.

keep in mind that if you use ELE for something else, it will also change the PPM / flight mode too…ie maybe have a light come on when you are using the ‘second set of flight modes?’ or something…

anyways, good luck

bergovoy: Thanks for your response. You open whole new world to explore. Will do so. Richard Hamilton

custom switches seems to be an amazing feature/function…

The possibilities are endless.

I haven’t seen a custom switch feature in my Spektrum Dx18, but I might have missed it.

I set up my flight modes by assigning switch A to Chan 5, adjusting its normal endpoints to the upper range of the PPM, and then creating four mixes for it mixing in 3-pos switch B. This was described in the ardupilot wiki as an alternate method and it works fine.

One nice additional thing I was able to do with the Dx18 was to set up the flight modes to reference the same two switches and then name them according to my assignments in APM. For some odd reason though, the Dx18 only gives you 5 flight modes for a 2-pos and 3-pos switch. Not sure what is up with that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi Also have not found the custom switches in my DX18 so am trying to do as you suggest with mixing 2 switches. Am having trouble getting the mode names lined up with whats actually happening in the APM. Can you tell me exactly how yiu set up the mixing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks