4in1 ESC w/ no telemetry

I’m building an X8 with two 4in1 Hobbywing X-Rotor 60A BLHeli 32 ESCs (the older versions, I believe G1) and they dont have a telemetry output pad, so I was wondering if there was any way to extract RPM data for notch filter configuration? They do have voltage and current pads… could those be used to get RPM?

No. What Flight Controller? Are the old ones even blheli_32?

1 Like

Yep. They’re BLHeli32… and its so wierd that they dont have that telem pad. I checked the new version (G2), and those dont either. I did just read a blog about RPM filtering and they linked a list with suggested ESCs that support RPM filtering, and mine were on the list, but they were using Betaflight to RPM filter. I’m not sure if thats the same thing, under the hood, as using RPM for notch filter in Ardupilot though, so maybe thats irrelevant. I dont remember anything about inputting the number of motor poles in the Ardupilot wiki.

In any case, I dont have an FC yet. I am still trying to decide between the CubeOrange+, CUAV P6X, or Holybro P6X. Would you suggest one of those over the other?

I am liking the orange+ for its dual processor, paired with that Here+ is a beast, so I am leaning that way. But I also like the P6X board for the new ETH capabilities, since I also use the companion computer. The P6Xs also have a ton of UARTs. Nonetheless, I think CANBUS will be the future, so the UARTs arent as big of a selling point to me anymore. Granted, I still feel like a beginner here so IDK how accurate my logic is. Any insight/feedback is very much appreciated!

If they are BLHeli_32 you should be able to get RPM info for filtering by using bi-directional dshot.

1 Like