4.1beta7 Crossfire support

Would be scary if a lua widget had the power to corrupt a radio flash, never heard of such an issue, I’m sure it would have been reported prompltly!

My best bet is the SDcard was defective and by writing anthing to it (like my widget for instance) you triggered something, anyway I’m sorry :frowning:

Yes, you are very surely right but as it never happened before, I made the connection with the script. It was also even more surprising that I can’t make my TX16s back to life by flashing stock firmware (also tested with different firm). The only way I found to resurrect it was to let it 48h without batteries (+ powering without batteries to be sure every capacitors flush). So now I’m a little bit reticent to relive that :wink:

Thank you so much for the clarification Yaapu! So “single widget” any recent (the most) recent version should work with crossfire correct? That said I shouldn’t be looking for an option to turn CRSF on or off correct? Do you have any ideas why I might be seeing “NO TELEM” in the widget despite telemetry showing on the TX16S telem page? Any idea why roll, pitch, yaw do not move when I physically move the flight controller? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thank you so so much!

Andy thanks so much for the reply!

Same widget but you need to enable crsf from the config menu. Long press SYS->Tools->Yaapu Config -> CRSF support

Hmm. I’m confused because I have already done this. “enable CRSF” is set to “yes”. I’ve tried only setting the first two outputs of my crossfire diversity receiver to CRSF_TX and CRSF_RX, no other outputs used. I can clearly see telemetry showing up in the telemetry page of OpenTX (or EdgeTX, I tried both). All of this but the Yaapu widget still says “no telemetry data” and the gauge that shows my FC orientation doesnt show Ptch, Roll, and Yaw. Whats wierd is that it does show my GPS coordinates so why then does it say “no telemetry data”? Did I miss a step maybe? Is the Yaapu widget certainly working with other crossfire users via the TS16X? I’m so confused since I get the sense I’m doing something really dumb. Thanks again

Here’s a screenshot of the main Yaapu widget with the NO TELEM error yet GPS coords at the lower right.!

no_telem_error

Hi, if you have regular CRSF telemetry working the only missing option is to enable custom telemetry for crossfire by setting RC_OPTIONS = current value + 256.
You see no GPS because you’re not getting the fix type, fix type is from custom telemetry, coordinates from standard telemetry.

Thank you so much for spending the time to review this. I figured it all out. You have made me realize that this was all user error. I noticed that another user on this blog made the same mistakes. As you said RC_OPTIONS = current value + 256. I thought I did that. Instead what I was doing was heading to the “options” under the serial settings section… I was incorrectly setting SERIAL7_OPTIONS to its current value + 256 not “RC_OPTIONS”. Then there was a second problem, I had my crossfire connected to a UART which certainly works for Crossfire RC control and allows telemetry, however it would not work with the Yaapu widget. That is because the UART port does not have Direct Memory Access. For my flight controller (the Matek H743). I could only get the Yaapu widget to successfully work moving and connecting my CRSF_TX and CRSF_RX wires to SERIAL1 (UART port TX7 & TX7) or connecting them to SERIAL2 (UART port TX1 & TX2). By default, the Matek flight controller documentation suggests using UART 6 (as they label it “RC input receiver”). The only UARTs that should be used for RC control and successful use of the Yaapu widget, for this board is UART 1 or UART 2. By the way, for any users out there who may be wondering… there is no need to set any extra outputs of your Crossfire receiver to use Mavlink.

2 Likes